Chapter Eight: Motel Break In

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Immediately no."

- Abigail Grace

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The five teens ventured through the marsh, to the Summer Winds Motel. John B returns to driving the boat, while Pope and JJ stand on either side of him. Kiara is sat on the edge of the boat, with Abigail once again sitting on the bow. As they approach the motel, all their faces scrunch up in disgust. JJ whistles, as he steps closer to the bow.

"Jesus." Abigail mumbles, as she stands.

"I thought the Chateau looked bad." JJ says.

"This place is a shit show." John B

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara comments.

"You be the judge." Abigail says, looking back at Kiara, as JJ hops onto the bow, grabbing the rope to tie off the boat.

"Doesn't look like the type of place someone with a Grady White would stay." John B observes.

"No, looks like the type of place someone with a Grady White would get killed." Pope corrects.

"Alright, here we go." JJ says, as they approach land. "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue coming in for landing." He says, changing his voice like he's speaking into a radio. A small smile crosses Abigail's face, as she shakes her head.

The blonde shouts as he jumps onto land, quickly turning to catch the boat and stop it from moving. He bends down to tie it off.

"We good?" John B says, moving out from behind the wheel.

"Yeah, we're good." JJ says, tugging on the rope to make sure it was tied correctly, before standing up straight again.

"Alright, here goes nothing." John B says, moving towards the bow to exit the boat.

"Hey." Pope says, catching everyone's attention.

"Yeah?"

"Don't let him do anything stupid." Pope says, pointing to JJ as he lifts one leg up to lean on the boat.