Chapter Fifty One: Jinx

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You can have her all to yourself once we're rich."

- Kiara Carerra

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

They did it.

They actually did it.

They found the gold.

400 million in gold, lost for over a 100 years. People have dedicated their entire lives to trying to find this treasure, and failed...and a couple of Pogues that share a total of four brain cells found it in less than two weeks.

Abigail chuckles at the thought, as her fingers fiddle with the rings on JJ's hands.

The two of them were sitting in the hammock at the Chateau, Abigail laying her head on his stomach, as her legs dangled off the side. His eyes are closed, enjoying the silence and the feeling of her hand gently playing with his, his other hand propped up behind his head.

He opens one eye when he hears her chuckle. "What you laughing at, pretty girl?"

He feels her head shake. "I just can't believe we found it...what the hell are we gonna do with all that money?"

"Spend it." JJ says simply.

Abigail scoffs. "Duh — but, on what?"

"I already told you, kook house and a koi pond." He says, which makes her chuckle again.

"Well, yeah, but besides that." She says, turning her head to face him.

JJ shrugs, looking down at her. "I don't know, haven't really thought about it too much...never thought I'd have that kind of money."

"Yeah, me either..." she says, moving to the ring on his thumb. "Definitely wanna travel."

"That's my girl, where we going?" He says, smiling.

She shrugs, hoping he doesn't see the blush on her cheeks. "Literally anywhere, I could care less. I just wanna stamp my passport."

He furrows a brow at her. "You have a passport?"

"Yeah?"

JJ chuckles. "That's some kook shit."

Abigail scoffs, slapping his arm, which just makes him laugh harder. She tries to suppress the smile on her face, but it's no use. "It is from when I was a kook." She admits.

"I would hope so." JJ laughs, bringing his other arm down from behind his head to rest on her arm, rubbing his hand up and down slowly. "Whatcha thinking?"

She turns her head up to meet his eyes. She shrugs. "Nothing, I'm just..." she smiles, pausing, afraid to say it out loud.

JJ smiles at her. "What?"