Chapter Forty Five: Crain's House

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Pretty girl was trying to get chopped up into pretty little pieces."

- JJ Maybank

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Abigail exclaims in the mostly empty restaurant.

Abigail and JJ woke up early this morning, snuck out her window and headed to the Chateau. Pope was sleeping on the pullout when they got there, so they woke him up, hopped in the Twinkie, and drove over to the Wreck, which is where Kiara was.

Pope and Abby were sitting at a table, JJ standing behind them, while Kiara helped her parents set up for the busy day. The four of them were looking over the Tannyhill map. Not too long after, John B waltzed into the restaurant, with a black cast on his arm, alive and well.

He has just broken the news of his new living arrangements.

"Tannyhill." The brunette deadpans, leaning against the counter.

Abigail chuckles, covering her mouth, as Kiara walks past him, behind the counter. "So, you're living with Sarah Cameron?"

John B brings a hand up to quickly rub his forehead. "Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right?" He sits up straight, turning to face his friends, walking over to join them. "And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't—"

"Hey, so, like, do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope jokes, interrupting the Routledge boy.

Kiara walks back over, handing out cups of water to her friends. Abigail crosses her arms, watching as John B grimaces when he sits down. "I don't know, Pope..."

"What about those little golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?" JJ jokes, piggybacking off Pope, he smiles as he brings the cup to his mouth.