Chapter Six: Agatha Aftermath

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You're dreaming, Maybank."

- Abigail Grace

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

Abigail wakes up with a small gasp, the memories she relived in her sleep slipping from her mind quickly, now focusing on how sweaty her skin feels. She tosses the blankets off of her body, noticing her ceiling fan is not spinning as it usually is, neither is her small tabletop fan.

She climbs out of bed, reaching for the string on her fan, pulling it twice, but nothing happens. She groans again. "Great, no power." She walks over to her window, sliding it open to let a breeze in. She peaks her head out, trying to assess the damage outside. The side of the house looks pretty okay, some of Gram's potted plants have fallen over, but no significant damage.

Abigail grabs her phone, reading the time. 7 a.m. She sighs, but decides to exit her bedroom and find out the extent of the damage. She pulls her bedroom door open, immediately hearing MJ's old radio playing from the kitchen. Gram is making coffee on the stove when she enters the kitchen.

"You're up early." She chuckles.

"I was sweating." Abigail announces. "No power?"

"Nope, the whole island is out. Might be for a while." Gram shares. "Want some coffee?"

Abigail shakes her head, opening a cabinet to grab a granola bar. "How's it look outside?"

"We got pretty lucky, here, anyway. The yard just needs to be cleaned, one of the neighbors trees fell in our yard, but nowhere near the house. There's a leak in the roof." Gram explains, gesturing towards their dining table, which had a large bucket sitting on top of it. "And one of the gutters broke in the back, but everything else is fine."

"MJ out there now?" Abigail asks, as Gram pours herself a cup of coffee. The older woman nods at her. "How about the surf shop?" Abigail asks, in between bites of her granola bar. Gram takes a seat at the counter.