Chapter Sixty Seven: Teenage Outlaws

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."

- Pope Heyward

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The four Pogues had spent most of the day driving around in Kiara's car, trying to figure out a plan. They managed to not be followed by any cops, thank god.

Kiara had also, thankfully, switched with Pope and was now driving again. Although, she didn't tell them where they were headed, just telling her friends that it's the last place anyone would think to look right now.

Which is why both Abigail and JJ were confused when she pulled up to Tannyhill. "I'm sorry, why are we at Tannyhill?" Abigail voices, as Kiara parks the car.

"We need to get Sarah." Kiara states, gesturing for Pope to follow her out of the car. "You two wait here, in case we need to book it quick." She tells them.

Both teens jump out of the car. "You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked.

"She's the only one who can clear John B." Kiara reminds them, as she walks over to the wall.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ mumbles, Abigail slaps his shoulder. "What? It's true."

She sighs, shifting to face him. "Just let them try...it's not like we have any better ideas."

"You think she's on our side?" JJ asked.

Abigail hesitates, before nodding. "I think that she knows what the right thing to do is, it's just whether she's able to actually do it. Ward isn't going to let her just leave...or tell the truth." She leans her head on the seat. "If they can successfully sneak her out, then we might have a shot at clearing his name."

JJ falls silent, Abigail watches him, as his gaze remains on the seat in front of him. She grabs his hand, squeezing it. "You okay?"

He turns his head to face her. "Are you?"

"I asked you first."

"And, I don't care."

She rolls her eyes, sighing. "I'm really worried about John B." She admits. "And, I'm really worried about you."

He furrows his brows. "Why me? I'm not the one on the run."

She drops her gaze down to his hand, twisting the ring on his thumb around. "I know, I just...I don't want you to go back home, and if they don't get Sarah, we're gonna need your dad's boat, and—"

"Hey, hey..." he interrupts, shifting in his seat, now both teens are facing each other. "Don't worry about that—"

"But I am. You've gone home twice in the last two weeks and twice he's—"