Chapter Twenty Eight: Just come find me

**trigger warning**

this chapter discusses domestic abuse. if you are someone who has or is currently struggling with this, or something similar, please read this chapter at your own discretion. please reach out to someone for help. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"I don't care, he's not coming near you."

- JJ Maybank

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

Abigail shudders at the memory of her ex-boyfriend, the news of him returning to Kildare sends a feeling of cold dread through her entire body. She wasn't ready for this, she was foolishly hoping that she'd never have to see his face again.

But this Island is small, too small, and Aaron is determined. If he's trying to find her, talk to her about god knows what, he's going to get what he wants.

He always does.

The first time Aaron hit her was last spring. They had been together about four months, and Aaron had dragged her to another kook party. The older boy got shitfaced, and then tried to lead Abigail upstairs to have sex, but they were both drunk, and she kept telling him no. She had to shove him off, and scream at him to get him to hear her, and his response was to hit her.

She ran out of the house and didn't speak to him for two days. She ignored his calls, and texts, until he showed up at her house, confused as to why he was getting the cold shoulder.

He hadn't even remembered it.

He called her dramatic, claiming she was making the whole thing up, which just angered her more. Abby started yelling at him, and the kook's shoved her into her dresser. Then, she kicked him out.