Chapter One: The Pogues

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer, is to have a good time, all the time."

- John Booker Routlegde

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The sound of birds chirping can be heard as they fly right above their heads, the recurring sound of the waves crashing against the shore. The summer sun was setting in front of their eyes, the four teenagers sitting around on the deck were surprisingly quiet, appreciating the atmosphere surrounding them.

"Thats what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope says, the first one to shatter the silence.

Abigail Grace lifts her head up from the view in front of her, her eyes landing on her brunette friend standing on the edge of the roof, beer in hand.

"I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope continues, Abigail glances down below at her friend on the deck, shaking her head at him.

"Idiot." She mumbles, a small grin on her face.

"Hmm...should I do it?" Her brunette friend, John B, asks his three friends below him.

"Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope jokes, pointing a drill at his friend on the roof, pretending it's a gun.

"You're gonna shoot me?" John B asks, pointing finger guns back at Pope.

"Go ahead, knock yourself out." Abigail jokes, taking the beer from the blonde sitting beside her.

"Hey! Get your own!" JJ says, attempting to take it back from her, the girl ignores him and brings the can to her lips.

"But the beer is all the way down there." Abigail says dramatically, pointing to the pack of beer sitting beside Pope on the deck.