Chapter Forty One: Midsummer Bullshit

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You'd rather slum it with him than be with someone like me?"

- Aaron Riley

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

After JJ passed off the note to Sarah Cameron, completing his mission, he's met with a problem.

Rafe Cameron and his posse of kooks.

JJ manages to get past them, running inside the Island Club, hoping to lose them in the crowd of people, but he has no such luck today. He makes it into the bathrooms, finding that all the stalls are taken. When he tries to escape into the locker room, Rafe is already standing there, with a smug look on his face.

"Hey, man, what're you doing in the locker room, huh?"

JJ quickly turns around, trying to walk back into the bathroom, but he's met with two other kook boys he doesn't recognize. One of them shoves him back, Rafe grasping onto both of his arms.

"Hey! That's a cute outfit." JJ says, before he's shoved away from Rafe.

"Shut up!"

Before JJ can stand up straight again, an arm comes around his neck, holding him in place.

Fucking Kelce.

"Hold him still. What do you think? A four-iron, right?" Rafe turns to his friends behind him, they nod in agreement.

"Yeah, definitely." Aaron says, chuckling, as he appears from the bathroom. JJ's jaw instantly clenches at the sight of him. "Looks like you've got this under control." Aaron says, patting Rafe on the shoulder. "Thanks, man."

Rafe nods, smiling. "Go find your girl, man." JJ freezes, his entire body tensing up.

"Don't you fucking think about it, Aaron." JJ seethes, fighting in Kelce's arms.

Aaron chuckles, walking up to the blonde. "What are you gonna do about it, Maybank?"

"Stay the fuck away from her." He threatens. Aaron just smiles, walking past the pogue boy. "Aaron I fucking mean it!" JJ exclaims, but he doesn't see or hear the boy after that.