Chapter Nineteen: Creepy Cemetery

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"It's a little tootsie roll!"

- John Booker Routledge

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The five Pogues drive off on the now dark roads, the sun almost completely gone from the sky.

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ speaks up, holding another blunt in his hand. "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff has gone down."

"Tell me about it." Abigail mumbles, crossing her arms.

"I'm just gonna lay low — oh, did you wanna hit of this?" He holds the blunt out to Pope.

Pope scrunches up his face, holding his hand up to push JJ's hand away from him. "I keep the signal clear."

"Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you get creative then—" JJ rambles, but stops once John B starts talking.

"Look, I — I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, alright? And pretty much wrong about everything else going on — but I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." John B tells his friends, glancing between the road and the three teens in the backseat.

Abigail looks to Kiara, who looks just as doubtful, but what can they do?

A few minutes later, the Twinkie is slowing to a stop, directly in front of a cemetery.

"Are we serious?" Abigail mumbles, as Pope pulls the sliding door open. Abigail steps out first, as the front doors slam close, John B taking the lead.

"Come on, hey. Hey, come on." John B says, turning to his friends trailing behind him.

"I'm coming. This place is scary." Kiara defends, picking up her pace to fall into step with the brunette.

"John B, what are we doing?" Abigail asks, holding up a flashlight and checking her surroundings.

John B shushes his friends behind him. "Okay so you know how you try and remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?"

"Yeah?"

"So, Redfield, this whole time I thought it was a place, right. But it's not a place..." John B explains, as he and Kie come to a stop in front of a mausoleum, Abigail and the boys, slowing down behind him. "It's a person."

Abigail and Pope shine their lights up to the name on top, reading the name engraved. Redfield.

"Voi — effing — lá." JJ says, staring up.

"See, my great-great grandmother, Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name." John B continues, placing his lantern down. "Help me with the door, come on."