Chapter Thirty: Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

**trigger warning**

this chapter discusses domestic abuse. if you are someone who has or is currently struggling with this, or something similar, please read this chapter at your own discretion. please reach out to someone for help. 

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You think you can just break up with me and walk away!"

- Aaron Riley

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[July 2019]

The boneyard party ended up turning into a complete shit show because of Aaron.

Turns out, he was blowing up her phone to 'apologize' and drag her to the same party on the beach with his friends. And he did not react well when he saw her pull up with her friends.

With Pogues.

Instead of him.

Aaron didn't waste a second, walking right up to her, as John B handed her a cup of beer.

He acted all friendly for a second, before leaning down to whisper in her ear. JJ watched her carefully, because he knows somethings wrong, and she admitted to fighting with him last night, and she was crying about it today.

JJ watches as she flinches slightly when he whispers to her, his brows knitting together.

"Can we talk?" Abigail steps away from him, shaking her head. Before Aaron can say another word, she takes a sip of her beer, glaring at him and walking away.

The boys follow her, obviously. Aaron spins around, watching her walk away from him, linking arms with Pope.

Abby sticks close to the boys all night, which they found odd, since she usually spends most of her night with Aaron and his friends. They didn't question her, though, when they saw her ditch him.

All three boys took note of how agitated Aaron was when they showed up, they could feel his anger from across the beach as he sent them glares the whole night. JJ made a joke, comparing him to a ticking time bomb. Abigail ignored it, because she wasn't sure how to tell him that he was a literal ticking time bomb.

And every bomb has to go off.

JJ had wandered off to get more beer when Aaron stormed over, grabbing Abigail roughly by the arm in front of Pope and John B. He tried to drag her away to talk privately, but she was not having it, and honestly, neither was John B.