Chapter Thirty One: It's Going Down

**trigger warning**

this chapter discusses domestic abuse and violence. if you are someone who has or is currently struggling with this, or something similar, please read this chapter at your own discretion. please reach out to someone for help. 

 — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Don't fucking touch her!"

- JJ Maybank

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The four Pogues sat in silence, watching the black and white film play on the large screen in front of them. The movie has been playing for over an hour, and nothing has happened so far.

None of them were even interested in the movie, besides Kiara. Abigail was trying to pay attention, but she couldn't concentrate, too busy replaying the night she broke up with Aaron.

JJ never removed his hand from Abby's shoulder, his fingers instead moving up and down her arm. He wasn't even sure why he was doing it, but he just felt like he needed to be touching the girl, somehow.

What was even more confusing was how much they both liked it.

Her head was leaning against his knee, his other knee bouncing up and down. She kept placing her hand on his bouncing knee, and he would stop for a few minutes, but JJ has an inability to sit still, so it would start all over again.

"JJ?"

Both Abigail and JJ turn to face Pope, as he leans closer to them.

"What?" JJ whispers.

"I gotta take a piss." Pope tells the boy.

Abigail sighs, closing her eyes. "Hold it." JJ simply tells the boy.

"I can't hold it, I drank too much soda." Pope whispers to the boy.

"It's too exposed, they'll totally see us." JJ reasons with the boy, his voice raising above a whisper.

"I gotta go." Pope repeats, both boys turning around, spotting the four kooks sitting near the bathrooms. "They're blocking the bathrooms."

JJ begins looking around, trying to come up with a plan. He taps Abigail's shoulder, handing her the soda.