Chapter Four: Hurricane Incoming

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"You don't need to worry 'bout me, all the time, you know."

- JJ Maybank

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

[present day]

The Pogues spent the rest of that night on the beach, starting a fire and just enjoying each other's company. John B had remained quiet, refusing to speak about the DCS meeting. He just listened to his friends tell stories and joke around, which slowly pulled him out of his messy head.

Everyone had returned to their own homes that night, beside JJ. All five Pogues had to work today, then go home and prepare for the incoming Hurricane.

Once Abigail's house and the surf shop were secured, she asked Gram to borrow the car to go make sure the boys were good for the storm. The older woman agreed, but told her she needed to be quick. So, she climbed into the old jeep, placing leftovers on the passenger seat as she drove through the rain to the Chateau.

When she pulled up, she noticed the Twinkie was missing. She runs towards the house, hood pulled over her head and the Tupperware in her hands.

"Yo?" Abigail calls out, as she pulls the screen door open and enters the home. "John B? JJ?"

"Abby?" She hears someone mumble. She pulls the hood off her head as JJ appears from the hallway, eyebrows furrowed as he glances between the girl and the window. "What are you doing here?"

Abigail sighs, walking over to the fridge. She holds up the container of leftovers. "I come bearing food." She tells him.

He follows her. "In the middle of a storm?"

She shrugs, as she closes the fridge. "It's not that bad yet, just rain."

He shakes his head at the girl. "Typical Abigail..." She furrows her brows. JJ gestures to the fridge, leaning his shoulder on the wall and crossing his arms. "Taking care of everyone else."