you were

Both of the 'spies' ran their ways from the woods to the town. They catch their breath a bit "I think we're good now" Ajax said and looked at Aelia who's still panting from the little running. Aelia looked at up and down 'when did he?' she thought as she noticed Ajax had been holding her hand. Ajax quickly let her hand go "s-sorry. I didn't realise." He said as he awkwardly laugh. Aelia just look at him and gives him the annoyed stare "I didn't ask you to let it go" she said and grabbed his hand again. Ajax feels temperature rose up on his face but he didn't hate it. They both walked into Weathervane and get their sits. One of the staff came towards them and take their orders "I want matcha latte and uh.." he looks at her "same thing" she said and the waiter walked away.

Both of them continues talked to each other whilst they wait for their drinks to arrive. Aelia enjoys her view of Ajax getting flustered and try hard avoiding eye contacts "why are you still feeling nervous?" She said as she reached his hands on the table holding and gently caressed them. Ajax took a deep breath and exhale slowly and turn his head to look at the girl in front of him "usually I'm scared that I might get people stoned but Aelia, you've stoned me with your flaws. Something about you just makes me fell for you harder" he said and noticed he do made the girl blushes "Damn that's cheesy" she said under her breath but smiles at it "how did it start? Coz you've been giving me bad signals" she asked him back.

Ajax chuckles a bit "that day on the archery field. Love at the first sight I guess. Actually I was on my way to my room and I saw Xavier with you. I waited for him to call me. I don't want to make it obvious that I kinda like you that time" he said and turned his head to the side try to hide the blush "what about yo-" Ajax was cutted by staff that brought their drinks "sorry for the wait. here's your order and enjoy!" The staff said with a smile. Both enjoy their drink and time together.

Meanwhile, the others at the shed were discussing about Bianca's downfall. They turned Xavier's solitude place into meeting room. "We locked her up in the Nightshade and take turns torturing her" the goth girl said in monotone. Everyone just stares at her horrified by the idea "oh it's not like you don't want it to happen too" she added. Everyone was like agreeing to it but their not going that far yet. Enid was puzzled about something "what's Nightshades? Is it a place or something?" She asked as she looked at everyone avoiding to look at her "it's an elite secret group of academy. I'm not in it,amore but if you wanna join ,you can asked them" she told the shewolf as she's pointing at Xavier,Divina and Yoko.

Suddenly sounds tapping gets closer to her, it's Thing. Wednesday turned to talk to him "what is it Thing? Any info" she asked the hand as she walked out from the shed for awhile and put him on the flat surface. "I saw Thornhill in the car with Tyler. They seem to talk with each other and it turns into fight. He walked out and slam the car door" Thing signed. That really made her curious. She wanted to know what do they fight over. What's exactly going on with Tyler and Thornhill? "Thing, i want you to get information about their backgrounds. Anything will do" she commanded to her loyal hand. She then entered the shed and found out they already come up with the plan. She listened to it and agreed. They all dismissed and act like nothing happen "I hope she'll lose this time" Enid said while walking side by side with her lover "of course she will amore"the goth girl said as she kissed Enid on the cheek.

Ajax and Aelia was walking back to Nevermore slowly side by side holding each others hand "I had a great day today. Thanks darling" she said to him. Ajax smiled and tighten his grip as he pulled her closer to him "me too". Suddenly Aelia stopped and look at him "earlier you're about to ask me how I fell for you right?" She asked and made him remember it again "oh yeah. It's okay. I don't need reason. All I want is to love you , Aelia" he said to her. She shook her head and hold both of his hand "no I want you to know that. I fell for you at the field when you came to us. It is also love at first sight for me. I just can't help it when I caught you for intervention yesterday. So I need to make the first move because you're being annoying to me. And I'm still mad about the fencing class" she said as she pout at him. Ajax laughed at her as he remembered about that day "I was mesmerized by you okay? My bad for not points on you" he explained to her "I really really love you Aelia. I don't care if your uncle, Perseus going to cut my head off, I'll never stop loving you" he said but also feel scared by that fact. Aelia blushed look at him "I love you too Ajax" she said as she tiptoes to kiss him but was interrupted by load roar coming from the woods. "Aelia. Run." Ajax look at her in fear.

He grabbed Aelia's hand and they both running for their life as fast as they could. The thing was coming towards them as the roar was getting louder for them. Aelia stopped and turn her back. "AELIA! What are you doing?!" He said as he raised his voice in panic. "What is that thing? And if it's dangerous we need to fight it" she said but Ajax grabbed her by the shoulders "it is dangerous! I don't want you to get hurt" he said to her and before they could continue, Ajax saw an ugly hunched back creature coming from Aelia's back trying to strike her "NO!" Ajax pushed her to the side and take the fall for her. His back was scratched badly as he was slammed few meters away. Aelia's vision went blank for a second and when she regained her consciousness she saw that thing is coming towards her. She quickly stand on her feet ready to fight that thing "come on fucker" she said angrily. The thing came towards her fast and she use her god like strength, throwing her first punch on the thing from under. And grabbed the nearby log on the ground swing straight to its head causing it to starts bleeding. It then fled away and lost in the woods.

Aelia ran towards Ajax who was still laying on the ground "no no no. Darling" she said as she pull him closer. He was losing so much blood. The cuts from the scratches was deep almost exposing the other organs. "H-Hey agh" he tried to say something but it's to painful for him "why a-are you cr-crying. I'm gonna b-be fine" he try to comfort Aelia who's crying next to him. "Shh shh..don't say anything" she said as she took out her phone and call Xavier for help. Ajax gathered up the strength he had that moment and reached for Aelia's face "at least I'm seeing an angel before I die" he said jokingly. Aelia felt sensitive on the last word "no! You're not going to die and you're not leaving me here alone" she said as she hold his hand that caressing her cheek. Few seconds later a car coming towards them as the front light blinded them for a moment. It was Xavier. He helped Aelia carried Ajax into the back sit of the car. Xavier hit on the accelerator to the maximum limit and arrived at the hospital in time. They put him on the stretcher and rushed to the ER along with hospital staffs. Aelia still holding Ajax's hand as she followed them to the operation room.

"Sorry miss you can't be here. Please wait outside" the ER nurse stopped. Aelia crying herself out as she's slowly drop herself on the ground. Xavier came and comfort her as he help her up and sit on the chair provided. "Luckily Weems lend us academy's car. I hope he's okay" Xavier said as she sat down on the chair too. "This is my fault..if I continue to run,he won't be in that position. I should be in there not him" Aelia blamed herself but he pull her into her arms "hey don't say that. It will be the same situation for him too if that happen to you. So let's pray the best for him" he said comforting her to calm down. Few minutes after that Enid and her goth girl gf came to the hospital after Xavier called Enid and told her about Ajax. Wednesday was curious about the incident and start to asked about it "how and what thing that attacked you both?" . Aelia trying her best to recall the incident for few minutes before she could tell the goth girl. Then she looked at Wednesday "we're walking towards academy and then we heard loud roar from the woods. That thing looks hideous with hunched back. But I did beat it good before it fled away." She explained.

The operation went hours and hours as it's already Sunday the next day. Everyone haven't left the hospital as they fell sleep there. Suddenly doctor came out from the operation room. They all was waken by the sound of the door opened.Aelia rushed to the doctor and asked about Ajax's condition "I'm sorry but we try our best." He said before leaving. Aelia cannot believed this. She was about to feel happy and loved again. She began to cries herself out loud. Enid started crying on goth girl's shoulder. Xavier slowly pulled Aelia into his arms "Aelia please. He'll be sad seeing you like this" he said as the girl is crying on his chest. Suddenly he remembered something "I think you can save him. You've got healing power. We can use that" he said with hopes that they can try save his buddy with her power. "But I never know how to use it." She said.

"Then you need to try to use it now" he said ensuring Aelia. They all went to the room. All they saw was cold dead body of Ajax. Seeing that broke their heart. Aelia started to feel the tears again rolling down her cheeks as she slowly move closer to the body "please come back to me darling" she said as she put her arms over the body and focus on the healing power. Lights glowing under her palm and each seconds she focused on healing the brighter it gets. Just a few minutes but she's already began to feel she's out of energy. She took a deep breath and pushed the limit in her. Suddenly Ajax gasped and came back to life. He was confused and feel chills all over. He looked around and saw Wednesday, Enid,Xavier and his love ,Aelia. "I thought I was dead" he said to her. Aelia just smiled weakly "you were" she said before she collapsed.