Book One

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Let your light shine so that others can see their way out of the dark." 

— Timber Hawkeye

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

The Lighthouse Series

In The Dark

Lighthouse (noun): A tower or structure containing a beacon light to warn or guide ships at sea.

After being abandoned by his mother at a young age, left to deal with his abusive father, JJ Maybank feels like he was stranded out at sea during a terrible storm, fighting to make it through each day. Even though he meets the Pogues at a young age, and they do make his life better, he's not able to shake the feeling.

That all changes when he meets Abigail Grace. She comes into their lives, and makes JJ question everything he's ever thought about his life.

And, as for Abigail, the rug was completely ripped out from under the Grace girl when she was only 12 years old, losing everything, and everyone she's ever known. Abigail was thrusted into pogue life with no rule book, no explanation, and no one who had her back. Meeting the Pogues was by far the best thing that ever happened to her.

Abigail and JJ spend the next four years slowly falling for one another, without realizing just how all consuming their love for each other was, and will continue to be.

Lighthouses have always been viewed as beacons of light, guiding lost souls, trapped in darkness, back where they belong. A symbol of hope and security. And that's what Abigail was to the Maybank boy. A beacon of light, constantly guiding him out of the darkness of his life.

When a hurricane hits Kildare Island and knocks out the power, Abigail finds herself on the adventure of a lifetime, hunting for lost treasure with JJ and their friends. Pogue life ends up taking a sharp, dangerous turn, that has JJ and Abigail turning to each other, both unsure how much longer they can continue to hold themselves back from going after what they want.

But, will both teens be able to navigate and survive all these changes in their lives and their relationship, or, will they self-destruct under all the pressure?

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Disclaimers:

(1) I do not own Outer Banks, the characters or plot from the show. I only own my original characters, and their individual storylines. Please do not steal my ideas.

(2) This story contains mature content that might be triggering for some readers. These topics include physical abuse, substance abuse, underage drinking and drug use, violence, murder, swearing, etc. If you are someone triggered by content like this, it might be best to skip the chapter, or pick another book. Trigger warnings will be added throughout the story when needed, so please read at your own discretion. 

(3) This book bounces between past and present. While writing book one, I had so many ideas for Abigail's story with the Pogues, about how they met and what life was like for them before the gold, so many ideas that I just had to write them down. Originally, I had no intention of including them in the story, just using it to help me in writing, but I felt like the story was lacking something without it. Timestamps will be added at the beginning of each chapter to alert you of a flashback.

(4) I started writing this book back in 2021, after season two aired. I kept imagining how the show would've been different if Kiara and JJ weren't a thing. So, for my own entertainment, I started writing this story. I never intended to share this with anyone, until I started writing for season two. I had so many ideas pouring out of me, and for the first time in literal years, I was proud of something I wrote. So please, keep your negativity to yourself. If you don't like it, don't read it. Spread kindness, always :)

Happy reading!