❄️Winter Holidays❄️

27th November 2017

Jin: What did the zero say to the eight?.... That belt looks good on you.

The young man said, his hands firmly gripping the steering wheel. His eyes were fixed on the seemingly endless road, where other cars were chasing down the highway.

I had to think about it for a moment to get the joke. When I understood it, I laughed briefly. Sometimes I felt like I was the only one who found Jin's dad jokes funny.

Me: Can we play some music?

Jin: Sure. Go on.

I pushed the switch and turned the little gray dial to turn the volume up a little.

We finally had time off. Vacation for whole 8 days and Jin asked me if we wanted to do something together. "He's always wanted to travel with me", he stated and I had agreed. I had asked him if he had any plans where to go or what we wanted to do. He nodded at the time and said it was a surprise. He just told me to pack warm clothes. But it was winter in Korea right now and it was snowing, so it wasn't exactly indicative of where we were going.

Me: How much do we have left?

He signaled and changed lanes to overtake a car in front of us.

Jin: 20 minutes.

Me: Really?

He nodded. Then "Serendipity", which Jimin released earlier this year played and I started vibing to it. I leaned my head against the backrest and turned it slightly towards the window next to me. I looked out, saw how everything passed me and it slowly started to snow.

Suddenly there was a sign to Muju Deogyusan. I turned my head to Jin. He knew what I had seen and smiled slightly, his eyes still fixed on the road.

Me: Do we go skiing?

Jin nodded. I was really looking forward to it, although I didn't know how to do it, but Jin would surely teach me.

Jin: Are you happy?

Me: Of course. But I can't ski or snowboard.

Jin: Don't worry, it's easy. I'll teach you.

After a few minutes, Jin parked in front of a small wooden shack. This would be our home for the next 4 days. I was excited and quickly clicked my seat belt, jumping out of the car.

The cold air engulfed me immediately. I wasn't wearing a jacket, since it was quite warm in the car I had taken it off. I stood there in a t-shirt and jeans. My thin uncovered arms feeling the cold. I looked impressed at the mighty mountains, covered in snow....so beautiful... I exhaled and you could even see my breathing.

Jin: Come in. It's cold.

Jin said, who had just carried our stuff in and was now holding the door open for me and waiting for me. I ran to him and quickly into the house, where I then bounced up and down. I was so excited. I've never been on vacation with my family before, so this was my first time traveling somewhere with someone I consider as my family.

Me: Can we go skiing?

Jin: Now?

I nodded vigorously, making Jin chuckle.

Jin: I thought we could put some warmer clothes on first and then go for a walk and check the area. Then we can also rent skis and snowboards directly.

Me: Good idea. Let's go.

I said excitedly, which Jin responded with a chuckle. So we put on our thick jackets. My jacket was light blue and very bulky, almost hiding me. Jin put my blue earmuffs on me as we were leaving the house. I gave him a small thank you smile and ran ahead.

𝕐𝕆𝕆ℕ𝔾𝕀 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I was sitting on the couch, tomorrow I would visit my family for 2 days. I hadn't seen them for a while, but I was glad that our relationship with each other was getting better and better.

I was on my phone because I had already packed all my things and I had nothing more to do. Jin sent me a video. Jin and Yuyu went to a ski resort this morning.

Last night Jin had reported enthusiastically about how excited he was to take Yuyu skiing with him. He wanted to travel with Yuyu since for a long time. He wanted to show and tell her so many things. Yuyu had a short and not a good childhood. She never traveled and made her debut as a child. So he was pretty excited to go away with Yuyu.

I pressed the play button and the video started playing. It showed Jin's feet walking across the snow covered path. Then the camera lifted to show Yuyu happily walking and jumping slightly forward in a large blue jacket. She looked cute. Then she bent down and formed the picked up snow into a ball. She herself was still crouching down but her head was to Jin, who was filming with his phone.

Suddenly the camera shook a bit as Jin tried to move away from the girl. Too late... The little snowball had already hit him. Yuyu released her cute laughter and discovered that Jin was filming.

Jin: Yah! You...

Yuyu waved at the camera, with a slight smile that was formed by her rosy-red lips, her cheeks and her nose a bit rosy because of the cold and her iconic eye smile. A few strands of her black hair brushed her face as she waved, showing how beautiful she was.

Jin: Wow~

You could hear Jin breathe out, he seemed to have noticed her beauty too. Yuyu looked up at him and no longer into the lens of the camera.

Jin: It's for Yoongi.

Yuyu's eyes went back to the camera lens. Her arms rising, forming a heart above her head.

Yuyu: Saranghae Yoongi oppa!

She cheered, making me smile and even blush. How good that nobody was here right now. Then the video ended. Jin wrote a message under the sent video and sent a selfie of himself and Yuyu.

Jin: Having fun here! PS. We know you blushed.

I smiled, feeling caught. But I was happy for them. Oh gosh... How much I loved them...