🌊Tancheon🌊

15th October 2012

Hoseok: Concentrate Yoongi! We did that so often but today you just-.

Yes .... well. We have just been to the dance practice. Usually it was always Namjoon and Seokjin who mess up the choreography. But today it was Yoongi. I felt sorry for him. Hoseok seemed stressed. To be honest, I had the feeling that Yoongi was not doing so well. I mean he was never the best at dancing, but he always made it. He seemed a little absent and very stressed. He was only in the studio for the last few days.

3 hours later the dance practice ended and everyone went to do their own thing. I didn't have much to do. However, I was hungry. I really felt like having an ice cream. Even if it was already mid-October, it was very warm. Today it was 24 ° C.

Before I left, I walked past our workroom. When I looked in, I saw Yoongi. He had headphones on and didn't seem to notice me. I approached him slowly from behind. I saw that he was having trouble with a song. He tried to build a beat on it.

𝕐𝕆𝕆ℕ𝔾𝕀 ℙ𝕆𝕍:
I tried desperately to find the right beat. Nothing. Then I felt a small hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Suri. She tapped me on my shoulder and as soon as I looked up I looked at her smile. In all honesty, I was pretty annoyed and upset about my work and even a bit frustrated, but her smiling calmed me down a bit. I took off my headphones.

Me: Hey.

Suri: Hey. Can you come with me? I wanted to show you something.

Me: Now? I mean is that important? You know I'm pretty busy right now.

She nodded. What is so important? She doesn't look stressed at all.
I saved my work and shut down the computer. I grabbed my phone and then we left the room together.

We walked about 5 minutes until we got on a bus and got off 10 minutes later. A few minutes later we arrived at the Tancheon. It is one of the small rivers in Seoul. It flows into the Han River a few kilometers further.

The view was very nice. I took a picture. I love photography. Some birds were flying around. The sun would set in a couple of hours, which is why the sun is low. There are no clouds and it is quiet. You can only hear the water, some birds and the cars on the streets some meters behind. I love warm weather. And the view is beautiful. I sat on the edge and let my legs dangle. It was warm. Every now and then a brize of wind blew into my face. It was wonderful.

Suddenly Suri sat down next to me. She held two ice creams in her hands and held one out to me. It was strawberry ice cream. Not my favorite ice cream, but I liked it. I took it. I didn't even notice how she went away to get ice cream.

Me: Thank you. So what did you want to show me?

She smiled and pointed to the sun and the river, which both met right on the horizon. What did she mean?

Me: The sun?

She shook her head and smiled. She looked at the sun. I could barely see her face. I saw how the wind blows through her long light brown hair.

Suri: The view here. Do you like it here?

I nodded. But she did not saw it because she looked at the other direction.

Me: But I thought it was important.

She nodded. She is still not looking at me.

Suri: It is. You couldn't keep up with dancing today and when you were in the studio you were looking for a beat. You couldn't concentrate. At first I thought you weren't doing well. Maybe something is bothering you. But then I thought, someone who lives in the same four walls for days and only comes out when he has to, feels like this. You know...stressed. A leg of concentration.

Wow. How old was she? 12? She didn't act like that at all. Why was she thinking about other people? Why didn't she focus on other things? On her own? But I had to admit that I liked it. I still tried to look cool. Why should I show her that I like it?

Me: Okay thanks.

I said emotionless. She turned her head in my direction. I noticed that she was staring at me for a few seconds. I didn't look her in the eye. Then she looked back towards the sunset.

Suri: Do you like the ice cream?

Me: Yeah. And yours? By the way, which flavor do you have?

Suri: banana ice cream. I hate strawberry. That's why you have this now.

I laughed. What? Is she serious? Oh my god haha. What? We looked each other in the eye and she grinned at me as if she wanted to say 'let's play Tom and Cherry'.

Me: Oh is that?

I said and got up when she got up. I grinned too. And she started running away. I tried to catch her. I started to chase her with my ice-cream in my right hand. She was pretty quick. But when she got to a place where she couldn't run away, I caught her. I started tickling her. She laughed and tried to free herself from my grip.

Suddenly my ice cream fell down on the dirty ground. And we both went quiet and looked first at the ice on the ground and then at each other. Then she started laughing again. I tickled her again and laughed with her. Then her ice cream also fell, but she didn't seem to care anymore.

As I was in bed tonight, I thought about it with a smile on my face. She had opened up a bit and something in me opened up as well. Her laugh was so beautiful. I was really grateful to her for getting me out of the studio. Now I had more ideas for my new song and beat.
I thought about what I felt when I was at the river. I couldn't describe the feeling. I felt....comfortable. Yeah really comfortable. I slept well that night.