🌿Finally?🌿

11th December 2017

It was terribly cold and windy. I buried myself more in my dark jacket. I should have at least brought a scarf with me. My frozen fingers clutched the small white gift bag. I looked up and saw the cafe. I reached for the metallic door handle - of course this was also ice cold and frozen.

I entered and the warm air immediately enveloped me. I looked over and looked for Yerim. She was already waving at me and smiling. Yerim and I were rarely able to see each other because she promoted as Yeri with her group Red Velvet and I with my boys. She was a year older than me and we met at an awards show in 2015 where she had just joined the group a few months ago. I also got to know the other girls in her group, but a very close friendship only developed between me and Yerim. Sometimes we even chatted daily.

Yerim: Hey sweetheart! Glad you found it. There's definitely a lot going on so close to Christmas.

I nodded and sat in the seat across from her. She had already ordered a hot chocolate. I look around.

Me: Absolutely. But tell me... are you here all alone?

Normally, the SM artists often have a bodyguard with them. That wasn't the case for us. SM made the artist instantly famous, however me and the guys were from a small company who couldn't afford it and we weren't that popular as Red Velvet anyway.

Yerim chuckled simply.

Yerim: Of course not.

She tilted her head a bit to the left. At the table to our left was sitting a tall man in dark clothing who occasionally glanced at his phone and then in our direction.

Yerim: He's my babysitter. But that doesn't mean he has to sit at the same table and chat, does it?

She said smiling and emphasized 'babysitter' a bit annoyed. I nodded, giggling while taking of my jacket. Then I handed her my bag.

Me: For you. An early Christmas present. I know there's still time before Christmas, but we probably won't see each other on Christmas.

Her face made an 'aww' shape while accepting the gift.

Yerim: Thank you so much. I didn't expect it at all, otherwise I would have brought you something too. Omo, how sweet!

I shook my head.

Me: Oh nonsense. I don't need a gift. I am happy if you like the gift.

I said as she opened the bag. She squealing in tiny making her bodyguard look over for a moment.

Yerim: Oh my goodness. I love it! Thank you!

She whispered so she wouldn't attract much attention. I knew she loved Hello Kitty stuff. That's why I decided to give her a Hello Kitty cloth bag, a Hello Kitty cup and a small Hello Kitty squishy. And I was very relieved when I realized how happy she was about it.

Me: So how is everything? Anything new?

I asked and then ordered a hot choco as well. Yerim put the things aside and looked up again.

Yerim: Well... I'm good. We will start working again soon for the next songs. I'm curious how our ReVeluvs will find it.

Me: I'm sure they will love it. By the way, you guys have found such a nice name for your fans.

Yerim nodded while taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

Yerim: Yes. But ARMY isn't bad either.

I nodded, receiving my drink.

Yerim: Oh but I have heard that you're recently preparing for a new comeback or something.. is that true?

Me: Well...I can't say much about that yet, but we'll probably be promoting in Japan next year.

Yerim: Oh I see.

She said, nodding. I couldn't tell her that Bang Pdnim actually had a world tour planned for next year as well. But we didn't know when exactly.

Me: Oh but I'm in the middle of preparing for my first solo album right now.

Her jaw dropped.

Yerim: No way! Really?

She said with tons of excitement in her voice. I nodded being just as happy as she was.

Yerim: Finally! All the boys have had their solo except for you. Everyone is waiting for it! There were even rumors that BigHit mistreated you because only the boys got their solos.

I nodded. I had heard about it as well. But it was wrong. I was treated well. I just hadn't had the opportunity to do a solo album before.

Yerim: Oh god I'm so happy! When is it coming out?

Me: I don't know yet. ARMYs don't even know I'm preparing one. Probably early next year.

Yerim nodded excitedly. I was very happy to meet her. Lately I've only been busy working on my solo and our group activities. I finally had an afternoon freetime.

ℍ𝕆𝕊𝔼𝕆𝕂 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

The door to the studio slammed and I went down the stairs. I was done for today. No more appointments.
On the way to the exit I ran into Yoongi.

Me: What's up hyung?

Yoongi looked up and zipped up his jacket. You could tell it was winter. It was very cold and windy nowadays.

Yoongi: Not much. Going home.

Me: Oh same. Let's go together.

He nodded and we walked on, leaving the building to rush home.

Yoongi: What did you do today?

Me: Not much. Just making some tracks in the studio. What about you?

Yoongi: Similar.

I just nodded.

Me: Shall we eat something later?

Yoongi: I don't know. I wanted to ask Yuyu and Jungkook to come with me and eat. But Yuyu seems to be so busy lately.

Me: Oh yeah right. She is preparing for her solo album. I'm really curious how it'll turn out.

Yoongi stopped for a moment and looked at me quite surprised.

Me: What's wrong?

Yoongi: Why do I not know that?

We continued walking.

I got why he was so surprised. Usually he is one of the first who gets to know such things about Yuyu along with Jungkook and Jin. But Yuyu didn't tell me that. I only found out about this by accident.

Me: Well... Yuyu didn't tell anyone yet.

Yoongi: She told you.

Me: No. I found out about it by accident through Staff Members. He is a background dancer and met with the group of other dancers to discuss a few things. But I don't know much about her solo either. I think she'll tell us soon enough.

Yoongi: Oh I see.

𝕐𝕆𝕆ℕ𝔾𝕀 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I didn't even know why she was and is so busy. But now it makes sense. I was very happy for her. We all had our solos long ago and even got to perform them on our last tour. Yuyu didn't even complain, not even when she had to improvise and perform the song that she performed with Gyujin years ago. It was too provocative for her liking. But she slayed as always.

I hope she tells me about the album soon. I'm really looking forward to it. I would like to support her somehow. Like she did when I had my solo.

I wonder what the name of it is. I wonder what kind of music she'll make, will she rap or sing? She is talented in both. Or what kind of dance? I'm excited. Maybe one of us or someone else will feature one of her songs. That would be amazing.