🥘Jajangmyeon🥘

28th January 2013
I waited for Tae in the kitchen. I turned the camera on and set everything up. We'd cook today. I had already prepared everything. Now only Tae had to come.

Tae: I'm here.

I turned around. Tae was standing there in a simple look. Black sweatpants and a black sweater.

I pressed the record button and started recording.

Me: Hello guys. Today V and me are going to cook.

We started talking to the camera.

Tae: Yes. We are going to cook Jajangmyeon.

Me: Right. Jajangmyeon is a Korean noodle dish. It consists of pan-fried wheat noodles with oil, salty black soybean paste sauce, meat and vegetables.

Tae: We'll cook it for 8 servings because the other members will certainly want something too.

I nodded in agreement.

Then I said what we needed and Tae showed it to the camera.

Me: First we need 8 packs of udon (Japanese noodles).

Tae grabbed 2 packs of udon and held them in front of the camera. He couldn't hold 8 packs. But we had 8 packs.

Me: Okay. Then a large onion.

Tae stayed and searched the kitchen counter for an onion with his eyes. Then he held it up to the camera.

Tae: We have.

I laughed.

Me: Then we need 4 zucchinis.

Tae: 4?

Me: We cook for 8 people. Of course we need a little bit more food.

I laughed and he made a 'got it' look. When he couldn't find any zucchinis he turned around and ran to the fridge and took out 4 zucchinis. He held all 4 zucchinis in the air so that they could be seen in the camera.

Me: Okay next is .... 8 potatoes.

When he couldn't find it, I pointed to the bowl next to him. He made the 'really' look when I laughed and he showed the camera the bowl of potatoes.

Me: Now we need 8 cloves of garlic.

He found it immediately and showed it to the camera.

Me: 1,200 g pork belly?

It was already in his hand. Okay next one.

Me: Chunjang (spice paste). We need 8 tablespoons of this.

He looked around and finally found her. However, there wasn't much left in there. I should have bought new ones.

Tae: It'll be enough.

He said and laughed.

Me: potato starch and sesame oil?

He nodded.

Tae: We have.

Me: 20 small mushrooms?

He held two packets of small mushrooms up to the camera.

Me: A cucumber?

He took a cucumber out of the refrigerator.

Me: Okay, very good. Then let's start.

Tae had to cut the onions. I teased him a little bit. It was really fun. He should cut the onions into eighths and I should cut the mushrooms and zucchinis into small cubes. Before that I washed them and since my hands got wet I shook them. I shook it in Taes direction and I splashed his face with water. As revenge he ran to the tap and did the same. We teased each other. While we talked to the camera. We laughed so much.

When Tae finished, he peeled the potatoes and cut them into cubes as well. Meanwhile, I took the pork belly out of the bowl and started cutting it into small pieces.

Tae: Now what?

Me: Now we have to mix the potato starch with water.

Tae: Okay, I'll do that.

Me: Then I'll cook the noodles.

He gave me a thumbs up and started doing while talking to the camera.

Tae: I'm done. And now?

Me: Now you can sauté the pork belly.

He nodded. While the noodles were cooking, I added the cut vegetables to the pork belly in the pan. Then Tae added Chunjang to it. I stirred it every now and then.

At the end we put the noddles, sauce and vegetables with the pork belly in a large bowl and that's it. Tae carried the bowl into the living room and put it on the table while I got the cutlery.

Me: So guys. We hope you liked it. See you next time.

We both waved to the camera. Then we went into the living room and waited for the others. Then the door opened and they came in.

Jimin: Wahh, what smells so good here?

They came into the living room and saw us sitting there.

Suri: We made dinner. Jajangmyeon.

Hoseok: Oh my God. I'm so hungry.

Jin: Then let's eat.

To our relief, the others liked it and they said thank you after the meal.