Luka Chapter Sixteen

I enter the old music hall and wait for (y/n) to arrive, I had agreed to teach her how to play the violin and we decided to meet at the music hall. Man this place needed a renovation. While I wait I play a piece on my violin, completely unaware (y/n) was watching me until I finished when she started clapping. "That was beautiful Luka, how come it's only been recently I learned you could play?" She asks, earning a smile as I answer.

"You never asked. Now then are you ready to learn the basics?" She nods and I start to teach her the basics of the violin, bringing out some simple songs on sheet music for her to practice on. After some tries I notice (y/n) was still wearing her gloves and they were sort of getting in the way so I point out that it would be easier if she took them off. 

She stares down at her hands unsure, they clearly had some form of sentimental value ever since I met her I've never her seen her take them off. "It's ok they'll only be off for a couple of minutes," I reassure her and she heads over to her stuff to take them off.

Ten minutes later two men walk into the room, causing us to stop and look at them. "Ben for the last time you can't afford this place anymore it's old, people aren't coming here anymore, and the mayor wants to add a new shopping mall here." "I understand Mr. Smith I just wish there was something I could do. I'm sorry Luka but you and your friend will have to leave," Ben says turning to us. "Why? What's going on?" I ask worry in my voice. "The mayor isn't letting me keep this place, it's not being useful enough to him so I've gotta sell it." "What's going to happen to this place?"

(y/n) asks, earning a sigh from Ben. "It'll become a shopping mall." "No..." I mutter sadly, this was a great place and I had so many great memories here to hear that it'll be destroyed hurt so I ask "Is there nothing we can do to stop this from happening?" "No. Now get out before the cops are called," Mr. Smith angrily spits, pointing to the exit and I frown.

"Come on (y/n), there's nothing we can do," I then glumly go to pack up my stuff. I look around for my violin to pack it up to see it and (y/n) wasn't here but her stuff was. She was probably arguing with that guy outside so head out with our stuff to see something truly horrible.

"(y-y/n)? What happened to you?" I ask when the purple mist stops covering her please tell me she wasn't akumatized?! She floats over to me in her akumatized state and caresses my cheek. "(y/n) is no longer here but don't worry my darling Luka The Violinist will take care of everything," She kisses me on the cheek and I step back, causing me to stumble to the ground, our stuff flying everywhere as I watch her fly off after Mr. Smith.

After my shock dies down I try to chase after her but it was too late, I had already lost her. What was I supposed to do now? I had promised myself I'd protect her from Hawkmoth and yet she was still...Akumatized. It was at this point I realized I couldn't protect her as much as I wanted to.

I grit my teeth in anger at that realization that I couldn't protect her, and for the rest of the day while (y/n) was akumatized I watched nervously on the news, only breathing a sigh of relief when (y/n) was de-akumatized.

Once she was de-akumatized I head straight back to the music hall when I notice on the news she was heading in that direction. When I get there I find her in the practice room we had been in. "(y/n)! You're ok!" I exclaim, enveloping her in a tight hug that she returns with an apology? "I'm so sorry about all of this Luka, first I get your violin broken and then I go and get akumatized and tried to hurt someone."

"It's ok, I don't blame you, the situation was pretty unfair. And everything was fixed right?" I reassure her with a smile and she mutters. "But this place is still gonna be shut down..." "Actually, I've got good news!" Ben interjects walking into the room. "Mr. Smith rethought it over and we'll be renovating the music hall to bring back its glory!" We both smiled at this and months later it would prove to be a good decision. I also finally accepted that I couldn't protect (y/n) the way I wanted to.