Luka Chapter Thirteen

"I'm heading out Mom!" I call out as I pull my bike onto the doc and ride off to the Dupain-Cheng bakery. Today was the day (y/n) would figure out how she did in the Jagged Stone competition, she had told me all about it and how Jagged himself had suggested she participate, resulting in her giving me a signed poster from Jagged. When I get there she immediately falls into my vision, she was checking the mail. Walking up with my bike in tow I see (y/n) staring down at a letter addressed to her and I ask "Well, you just gonna stand there staring at it?" "Luka! Hey! I guess you came to get the news?" She waves the envelope in my face. "That is if you're gonna open it."

"Of course I am! What if I won?" (y/n) jokes as we head into the bakery where she proceeds to read the letter out loud. "Dear (y/n), we are pleased to announce that you are the winner of Jagged Stone's Music Competition. This means you will get to write and compose a song with Jagged Stone and the song will be featured in his next album. Thank you for participating you will hear from Bob Ross Records soon. Sincerely, Penny." 

I was quick to smile when I hear the news as she stuttered out "I did it? I won?" "You did it!" I confirm with a hug soon telling her "We have to celebrate! How about a treat, on me?" Marinette soon joins the hug agreeing to the idea when our attention turns toward the door where a man in a white suit enters looking for Marinette and (y/n), soon introducing himself as Bob Ross and explaining what he wants. "So, are you interested?" "Uh wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight you want me to design the album cover for Jagged Stone? My all-time favorite singer?" "That's right, requested by Jagged Stone himself, I brought a few visuals and soundtracks so you both can get a sense of what we're going for," An XY album is handed over and three of us stare at it in confusion, this wasn't Jagged Stone's style at all, what kind of bad joke was this guy playing at? "This doesn't seem like Jagged Stone material," Mari starts to point out, and (y/n) chimes in with "More like a perfume ad." "This is the direction of his new image, more modern and current."

"Really? Wow..." I mutter in disbelief and disappointment, Jagged was gonna turn into this? Now I know this was some twisted joke because from what I recall Jagged Stone hated XY's music, and I couldn't blame him, XY's music was so bland and boring, what could've made him change his mind? I was too busy questioning what happened to hear the rest of the conversation about the only thing I heard after was  "And one more thing we're in a hurry so we need both of your proposals by the end of the day, you up to it?"

I look at (y/n)'s face to see she was unsure about this entire thing as well. Well even if I didn't agree with this sudden change she deserves to follow her dream so grasp her hand and squeeze it lightly and give her an encouraging nod. Both of them accept the challenge. "I'm kinda disappointed...I never thought my favorite artist would develop into...This," I admit when that guy leaves as I look at the XY album. "It's ok Luka I promise you that even if this is what Jagged is going for it'll be the best song you've ever heard!" (y/n) tells me giving me a determined look and the look in her eyes reassures me somewhat.

"I have my doubts but I believe in you. You've got work to do so I'll leave you be, we'll have that celebratory treat later," With that, I head out to let the two get to work. Later I found out I was right that Jagged didn't like XY because he was akumatized after being insulted by XY during an interview and targeted him. Of course, our three heroes saved him and XY, my thoughts trailing to (y/n), hoping she was ok, she did have a really bad habit of getting in danger when it comes to akumas.

It took the rest of the day for our heroes to de-akumatize him which meant I couldn't check on her till tomorrow. The next day I head to the bakery and hear from Mrs. Dupain-Cheng that neither (y/n) nor Marinette had come down from their room, according to her they haven't even had breakfast yet. With that in mind, I head on down to (y/n)'s and my favorite cafe and get some drinks and snacks and head back to find the both of them working hard. "Hey, heard you've been working hard, didn't even come down for breakfast," I tell them with a smirk when they notice me and I place down the treats. "Uh yeah with the whole akuma attack yesterday not much work could be done, they've given us till noon to complete our projects. You'll also be happy to know Jagged isn't changing his style it was all just a ploy by Mr. Ross to keep his company on top," (y/n) informs me and I feel extremely happy and I sigh in relief. "That's good and I'm sure that makes both of your jobs easier. Well, I leave so you can continue just don't forget to eat," I proceed to place a loose strand behind (y/n)'s ear resulting in an absolutely adorable blush.

"When you're done let's go get that celebratory treat," I say, grabbing my cup and heading out soon taking a stroll around town looking for a good spot to spoil that sweet adorable cinnamon bun, nothing seemed to pique my interest though, there has to be something around here. That's when I hear a bell and turn to see André the ice cream mand ride buy which reminds me of the legend of his ice cream, it would be worth a try.

Over the weekend it turns out Jagged Stone's new album hit number one and I quickly bought myself an album when finally I came across (y/n)'s song. "Now this next song was written by (y/n) (l/n) an aspiring musician," Jagged's voice states before (y/n)'s voice comes on. "This song is dedicated to Luka Couffaine," My face goes red as the song plays, s-she wrote this song for m-me? That thought stays with me for the rest of the weekend. On Monday I wait for (y/n) to be done with school so I can take her to André's ice cream. I sat down on the stairs waiting when (y/n) came up behind me shouting "Boo!" She then asks "What are you doing here?" "Waiting for you," I respond, getting up and pulling out the Jagged Stone album and a pen, soon asking her to sign it. Once she was finished I grab her and drag her off exclaiming "Come on! We've got to celebrate!"

"W-where are we going?" (y/n) asks as I search the streets for the ice cream vendor. "You'll see," I tell her with a smile that grows wider when I spot André's cart. "Hello there André," I say with a wave. "Why hello there, I have yet to see you two, a new couple perhaps?" He asks looking down at our still interlocked hands. (y/n)'s face goes red as she lets go and waves her hands defensively stuttering out. "N-No! It's not l-like that," André lets out a hearty laugh. "But of course. Blackberry to match his sweet and persistent personality and (f/f) for the lady's cool and sarcastic side," He mutters handing over an ice cream cone with two scoops. 

I let (y/n) have the first bite. "Mmm," She hums, a bit of ice cream dripping from her chin which I wipe away with my thumb and can't help but chuckle when her face heats up. "Is it good?" I ask and she nods. "Very. Thanks for bringing me here," She smiles and I interlock my hand with hers again as we head out and eat our ice cream, now I just need to believe the magic of André's will work.