Chapter 69

Monday 2nd March 2020

"Baby we have to go now" Carina said walking out of the bedroom and towards the front door "I know I'm coming" Maya replied following after her wife as they jumped into the car and made there way towards the fertility clinic for there 10 week scan. "How are you feeling my love" Maya asked as the two made the short trip across town "Nauseous" Carina replied focusing extremely hard so she didn't throw up in the car "Did you take some of that anti Nausea medication Jo prescribed you" the blonde asked "Yeah just before we left so it might take a while to have any effect" the Italian replied.

"Okay let's do this" Maya said as she opened the car door for her wife "Thank you bambina" Carina replied stepping out of the car and taking a hold of her wife's hand. "Hi Carina Bishop, here for an ultrasound" the brunette said walking towards the receptionist "Congratulations, here are a few forms we just need you to sign and Dr Lotts should call you in shortly" the young women said smiling at the two wives.

They sat down and filled out the forms before Maya walked them back to the receptionist "Carina" Dr Lotts called out gesturing for the two women to follow her towards the room in the back "Congratulations to you both" the fertility specialist said "Thankyou" both women replied at the same time "Okay I'll get you to lay down here and pull your pants down slightly" Dr Lotts said "Going based off the insemination you are about 10 weeks along, how have you been feeling during your first trimester" the women asked "I have been extremely nauseous, tired, my boobs are really sore and I need to pee all the time but other then that It's been going good I think" Carina said reaching out and grabbing her wife's hand as the doctor spread the gel across her lower abdomen.

"Okay baby's spine is measuring good, strong heart beat around 170 beats per minute which is perfect, and measuring about 10 weeks 1 day" Dr Lotts said turning up the sound on the ultrasound machine as the room filled with the sound of the heart beat bringing both women to complete tears "There is a heart beat" Carina said letting the tears fall down her face "I love you" Maya said leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss to her wife's lips.

***

"Tia Andrea" Maya joked walking into the captains office with a ultrasound photo in her hand "look at him" Andy said grabbing the ultrasound off her bestfriend "Him you think" the blonde asked taking a seat across from the Latina "Mhm I think Matteo is going to have a mini bestfriend" Andy said nodding her head "I would die if I had a boy obviously a healthy baby but a boy is my dream" Maya said "Carina still won't let you have him in here running drills you know that right" Andy said laughing "Not until he is 3" the blonde replied "HA let me know how that works out for you" the brunette said handing the ultrasound picture back to her bestfriend.

"What's wrong" Maya asked confused watching her wife stomp into her office "I'm horny" Carina said matter of fact crossing her arms "Oh" the blonde said chuckling softly "It's not funny I am carrying your child make me orgasm" the Italian said "No" Maya replied "Excuse me" the Italian said stepping closer to the blonde "We are at work baby we can't have sex" the chief pointed out "It doesn't even have to be romantic it can just be quick please" the brunette pleaded "You really know how to sweet talk a women" the blonde said sarcastically.

"Come on then I only have 5 minutes" Maya said standing up and walking into the bunk attached to her office "Oh thank you I love you so much" Carina said skipping in behind her wife.

***

"Better" Maya questioned climbing back up her wife's body "Much thank you my love" Carina said sighing in complete pressing a quick kiss to the blondes lips before jumping out of the bed and throwing her clothes back on just as the alarm rang through the station "PRT 19, Engine 19, Ladder 19, Aid Car 19, Battalion Chief" the speaker said "Let's move nineteen" Maya shouted throwing her top back on buttoning it up as she ran down the stairs "Be safe out there" the blonde said to her wife who nodded and mouthed an I love you before jumping into the PRT as everyone followed behind Maya out of the station and towards the factory that was on fire.