60

[Jisung's pov]

Five months later

Adrenaline filled my veins as I raced out of the dance studio, Hyunjin, Felix and Yeonjun close behind me as the last bell signaled for the end of the year, releasing us to our summer vacation.

The quad was louder with screams of happiness. Louder than we were when we all danced for Christmas break.

I made it through my second year. Only two more to go. I noticed Heidi sprinting toward us with the biggest smile on her face, throwing herself into Yeonjun's arms.

There were laughs filling the air between us and the two newfound lovers shared a few kisses before linking arms with the rest of as we spun around.

The rest of the group made their way to us through the crowd. Chan and Minho were going to graduate, their ceremony was in two days and they'd be handed their degrees.

I was so happy and so jumpy. I turned to Hyunjin as he swooped me up on his back and we all began making our way through the crowd towards the car. We were all going to car pool back home.

Hyunjin was going to be a senior in college next year. We were so close to the finish line, so close to a brand new chapter of our lives.

"What are we doing this summer?" I asked. We discussed it a few days ago that we all agreed to stay home this summer. Since considering the events that happened five months again, I would be staying home by myself if anyone left.

"I have a few things in mind." Chan said, wiggling his eyebrows at me. Hyunjin hit up upside the head. "I was kidding!.. Kinda."

"We have three months of summer, we will figure something out." Seungmin said and we reached the cars.

We organized ourselves into the three vehicles.

Yeonjun was driving him and Heidi, Seungmin was driving with Chan and Minho. I was in Hyunjin's car with Felix and Jeongin.

When we arrived at home, we all threw are bags in random places and collapsed onto the couches or the floor, relieved to be free for three months.

"What are we gonna do?" Heidi asked, sitting up on her elbows from the space she took on the floor.

"No fucking clue." Half of us replied to her question in unison, causing a fit of laughter to erupt.

"We could drink and play those little party games that make your brain explode from thinking too much?" Felix piped up and instantly Chan ran into the kitchen and brought out three giant bottle of rum.

"We have the necessities!"

Yeonjun was the first to stand up from the floor, taking one of the bottles from Chan, cracking open the brand new bottle.

"Hell yeah!" He exclaimed as he tipped his head back with the glass to his lips.

Everyone took turns tipping the bottle back as the smooth liquid filled their mouths, gulping it down as if it was simply water.

Soon after we blasted music through the tv and because dancing around like idiots in the living room.

Summer fucking vacation!

It was gonna flu but so fast, but I was willing to live in the moment.

Hyunjin took me hands and twirled around in front of the large window, the sun felt warm coming in through the glass. The vibrant green leaves looked elegant.

Jeongin had just had a birthday, meaning he was of legal drinking age, so he was enjoying the moment as he took swings again and again.

He was gonna get knocked on his ass later.

Their was laughter filling the air and I took a step back from the group to admire and watch as all my lovers and my two closest friends interacted and had fun with each other.

Hyunjin was now dancing with Felix and Jeongin to the upbeat song. Seungmin was enjoyed the view from the couch as he laughed at everyone's stupid behavior, claiming a whole bottle to himself.

Chan, Minho and Changbin were loosening up and being their natural goofy selves.

Heidi and Yeonjun were smiling at each other like they were seeing each other all over again for the first time.

I applauded myself for being Heidi to lunch all those months ago, it sparked something no one ever thought it would.

I smiled to myself as I snuck my way out and headed to the back balcony, taking a seat in the swinging chair.

I looked out over the yard, the green grass, the even greener trees. The crystal blue water if the pool as the sun shines on it.

I let the gentle breeze kiss my skin and I clothes my eyes.

I don't know how long I sat out there before Hyunjin came and found me.

"Why you out here by yourself? The party is inside." He asked taking a seat next to me and grabbing my hand.

"I just.. wanted to take all of this in. We've come so far, you know."

"I know." He planted a kiss on my cheek and pulled me closer to him. "I'll sit out here with you then."

I sat back against him and let the happiness soak right into my bones. I wanted this feeling to still be there when I was old. I closed my eyes and savoured the moment, but never released my grip on Hyunjin's hands as his thumb traced my skin. For the first time in forever my body and mind relaxed. In that moment there were no expectations upon me, no deadlines and no schedules to meet. I was in, I had made it, I was a winner.

I was happy.

Happiness is in everything; I dared myself to invite it in, and get I wondered why it took this long to finally accept it. It is in the rain, cool and fresh, just as deeply as the sunshine, for they bring forth different emotions. Happiness is enjoying the moment, being present for that gift that is living, and allowing it to become intense.

For me, there is something about listening to the sound of my lovers laughter that soothes me to my soul; I listen to the sound as it floats through the air like elegant feathers that had fallen from an Angel wing. I let my worries fade away at the sight of their smile, allowing random birdsongs and sweet music to infuse my mind as all my troubles fade away.

Other times I burst with life in the joy of movement. I love to dance to vibrant music, loud and strong. I feel my limbs move with the beat, my mind enjoying the heady ride. There is something about sitting outside on the porch of the place my heart found a home in, with or without music, in any weather, that invigorates me.

There is part of this human animal that was born to move. To exert myself feels like freedom, there is pleasure in pushing myself to new levels. Yet to ride slow can be a chance to savour to the flow of the air the finer details of the trees, earth and birds. This is not the mantra to find the good in everything, not quite, for there are times of tragedy, but to enjoy what is good and to learn from the rest.

Pain is a chance to become more empathic, more sensitive to others in pain. Problems are an opportunity to innovate. In isolation we can think and let the creative mind spin new ideas. In unfulfilled expectations we can learn patience and understanding. We can use our pain and fear to mature the mind and develop the soul. For how can the soul dance if it is hiding in the shadows? Only the brave of heart can know true happiness. The mantra we need to hear? Meet life as an equal. In the act of finding equality in life, that's where you reach you're happy ending.

My happy ending is a happy ending for everyone, and that stays long after I am gone. So, as it is here in this moment, as it is in those moments to come, to bring such a thing is the teamwork of the divine. It comes from those who believe in love and goodness.

And I truly believe...

That this, all of this, is my happy ending.

————

[A/N]

Last chapter!!! So sad! But there is an extra after this and a few announcements I need to make so stay tuned!

They will be up as soon as I finish updating them.