43

[Seungmin's pov]

The process of time is an interesting thing. Sometimes 5 hours can feel like five year and other times it can feel like 5 minutes.

At the current moment it feels like the former. I've been studying my ass off for hours.

I wanted to take a break, but I couldn't. Not if I believed I still had the slightest chance of failing.

I looked between the PowerPoint on my laptop and my notebook in my lap. My elbow on my knee as I sat cross legged on my bed, and my chin against my palm.

I looked back and forth between the two different study materials, taking in information from both and rewriting in another notebook, to make sure I was actually absorbing the information.

I let out a sigh as the sudden urge to through everything away from me and go pester one of the guys suddenly threatened to over power me.

There was a compromise between passion and directed studying that is supposed to get easier as one ages.

I was, and still at, very largely driven by my own creative passions and curiosities. However, there can be things that need to have a strong solid comprehension that fall outside of any "passion drives."

Such as now, this is when self control becomes extremely important.

This is a part of growing up, as my dear mom would say.

I needed to study. I needed to pass. Even though it's my first year in college. I wanted to keep my scores good.

No distractions.

I touched the tip of my pen to my notebook as I began to right out another bullet point, but I stopped and let my eyes glance up towards my closed door.

Okay, maybe one small distraction. Maybe I can help myself find more motivation.

I seat my notebooks on top of each other and shut my laptop.

I slowly walked to my door and opened it, peering out into the hallway. Not a soul in sight. Across the hall, I saw Hyunjin helping Jeongin study.

Though Jeongin and I were going to be choosing different majors, we still had to take some of the same courses. All freshmen in college had to.

Maybe I could get one of the other guys to help me? Keep me on track, it'll keep studying from being so boring. The only people I could really think up that would have the course still pretty fresh on the mind would be a 2nd year. A sophomore. Felix or Jisung.

Jisung was in Minho's room still, no doubt they had fallen asleep.

And last I remembered, Chan and Felix had left the house an hour ago.

So honestly, my only option would be to wake Jisung.

I tiptoed in the hallway towards Minhos room and peered in. Jisung was currently sitting up in the bed, scrolling through his phone.

He must've sensed my presence because he looked towards the door with wide eyes and gave a smile and he raised his eyebrow and cocked his head to the side.

"Can you help me study?" I whispered as quiet and yet as loud as I could not to wake Minho.

He gave me a slow nod and looked down at Minho as if he was trying to figure out how to get out of the bed without waking him.

I watched as he sighed and leaned down to whisper something in Minho's ear. He responded with a groan and a nod, letting Jisung free to leave the room.