1

College. Everyone was so sure I would drop out after the first year. I pulled out my phone and opened the group I was added to about a week ago.

I had to switch roommates. Actually I have to switch a whole dorm in general. Though it's not really a dorm, just students collaborating together. It's not sanctioned by the college. I was waiting for my Uber to arrive as I stared at the address on the screen. There is another sophomore I'm going to be living with. Felix, I think that's his name is.

Classes don't actually start for another two weeks, so I have plenty of time to start friendships with my new roommates.

My Uber pulled up in front of me, I packed my suitcases into the truck that the driver opened and then got into the passenger seat. My phone buzzed in my hand, showing a message from the group chat, addressed to me.

Chan: Han, are you on your way here? I need to know whether or not to leave the door unlocked.

I quickly typed a reply:

Uber just picked me up, omw.

"So, where you headed to?" The driver said beside me as he pulled away from the curb in front of the dorm office. I showed him the address.

"Another student going there, huh? I've taken two others there already. Earlier today."

"So you know the way there?"

"Yea. I can get you there in 10 minutes." Seoul was a big city, the fact that my new dorm will be so close to the college makes things so much easier. Another ding.

Chan: okay. Door is unlocked. Someone might be home.

I've met Chan once. About two weeks ago when we discussed me becoming a roommate. He was ridiculously handsome, the looks that would make you envy someone.

I sat in the passenger seat, fiddling with my phone as I watched buildings pass. I studied people as they walked on the sidewalks. As they walked in and out of restaurants and stores. The sky was painted a dusty blue with puffs of dark cotton clouds, it's gonna rain soon. That's good, it hasn't rained in two weeks.

We turned onto a small neighborhood street. The street was small, but the houses were not. Maybe we have to just pass through. I kept my head down. I always hated the idea of a big house. Small houses were more simple, even for a family.

I quickly realized we weren't passing through when he pulled into the driveway of one of the houses. There was no way this was the actually address.

"I think I pushed in the wrong address." The look on my face must have been hilarious because the driver almost choked.

"This is the right place, I'm sure. Let me help you with your stuff."

I got out of the vehicle and stood staring at the house in front of me.