18

[Changbin's pov]

I've been feeling antsy all day today. Jisung would be coming home to me and I'd be taking him out on this date I promised him a month ago. He should have already been home by now, or at least an hour ago. The autumn weather was started to settle in, the chill air was enough to make the hoodie I was wearing earlier not so hot.

I've been sitting at home the past hour, in shorts and a tank top. The only other person home is Minho. That's only because he's in a FaceTime meeting at the moment. I don't know how that man juggles his busy ass career and college, he's a fucking saint.

It could probably go back to the tattoo shop for an hour or two, but being as antsy as I am, I wouldn't be able to focus. I stood and walked to the work out room, which was opposite of Felix's game room.

I kept the door open so I could hear when people started coming home. I grabbed a water from the mini fridge and took it with me to the bench press. I switched out the weights, considering I could bench twice as much that was on the bar. 

The second my back hit the bench, Minho came calling my name.

"Changbin!" He called again. I scowled, getting up.

"What?!" I screamed back, just as he turned the corner.

"God, watch your attitude." I gave him a look of disbelief as he told me to watch my attitude. I will, in fact, NOT be watching my attitude today. Except towards Jisung, of course.

"We both know that's never gonna happen." I gave he a smug smile and proceeded to ask him what he needed.

"I'm going to the office. I won't be back 'til later, so can you tell everyone where I went?"
I just nodded to him. I honestly hated that he was always leaving. He overworks himself, he always does. He believes he has to earn everything that was given to him when his father died. He's been trying so hard to maintain the company that he never fully grieved his father. The first couple months it was hard to even reach out to him because his mood, his behavior, everything started to spiral downhill. It hurt to watch him drown like that. Turning to drinking and sleeping around, he started manipulating all of us.

We all lost a lot during that period. A person we used to call a friend change for the worst too and blamed it on Minho's behaviors. It was a rough time. Seungmin was still in high school, we didn't know Jeongin yet. Jeongin got the aftermath of all our loss and trust issues after everything that happened.

I shook the thoughts away. It's better not to bring up the trauma of the past, especially not since Jisung is here. He doesn't need to know any of it quite yet, and if I continue to think about it I might end up breaking down on him later. I don't want that.

I left the room, no longer feeling motivated to work out and instead went up to shower. Hyunjin, Jisung and Felix always get home at different times every day because of there dance class or going to get food before coming home. So who knows, they may be back when I'm done.

Soaking in that heated water, feeling it hug every inch of skin so gently, breathing in the aroma of my shampoo. It was my heaven, my mini-vacation. A place to breathe deeply and let the worries of the world fall away. Passing time, letting the water soak into my skin and my hair.

I think the second most peaceful part
of my day is when I shower. It's no one but me, I don't have to deal with drama or arrogant people. It's just me. The first most peaceful part of my day, being with the guys. Sitting on the couch with them. I loved all of them, more than anything in the world. I wanted to be able to see Jisung that way too.

I shut off the shower and stepped out. It wasn't that long of a shower I'm sure. Maybe fifteen minutes tops. God, why was time passing so slowly? I haven't been this eager in a long time. I began to go over what I had planned in my head. Would he actually like it? I shook the thought away. I knew he would, he is definitely the kind of person be overly excited about the genuine and little excitements of life. So I shouldn't have any reason to doubt.