42

[Minho's pov]

Jisung had been refusing to leave mine and Seungmin's side.

Seungmin was waiting for us when we got home and the first thing Jisung did was run straight into his arms.

Seungmin engulfed Jisung's entire body. His head ducking into the crook of Jisung's neck and I could see the veins pop in his forearms at how hard he was currently holding him.

Jisung wrapped his arms around Seungmin's shoulders. Almost on his tippy toes to hug him the way he wanted.

If you were looking in from the outside you'd think these two were in a long distance relationship and they were just now being able to see each other for the first time in forever.

I noticed Seungmin was starting to quiver just a little and I instantly felt a ping of guilt in my stomach.

He's too worried of Jisung's well-being.

I walked up to them and joined them in their hug. My front to Jisung's back as I wrapped my arms around both of them.

Seungmin knew the most about Jisung's father. So I can only try to understand why he didn't want to say anything to him and try to deal with it.

Truthfully, I think the only person who could sympathize completely with Jisung on the father issue, would be Changbin. We've all witnessed things happen with Changbin and his entire family.

I kissed the top of Jisung's head and rested my cheek against him.

I paid attention to the patterns of their breathing. When it slowed to a natural, relaxed and steady pace, I knew we were all okay.

Jisung knows. He can be prepared, that's all that matters.

"Hey?" I spoke up and tried getting there attention.

I notice that Jiusng had moved his head closer in my direction.

"Do you guys just wanna go relax and watch a movie?"

Jisung gave me a tired smile and nodded. "I'd like that."

"I would too, but I have to study for my exam in the morning." Seungmin said, pouting just a little bit.

Jisung frowned up at Seungmin. The attachment between these two made me... envious.

I know I shouldn't be.. I had no reason to be. I had a connection with the both of them. So why was I suddenly feeling my gut wrenching.

Squeezing in on itself as if it was trying to make me throw up by simply looking at the love in their eyes.

"Meet me upstairs in my room. I need to take care of something first." I whispered to Jisung and he nodded.

I jogged up the stairs into the study, opening my lap top that I left on the desk.

I glanced up in the screen and let out a sigh of relief.

File transferred.

I unplugged the flash drive I had left in a few hours ago and went over to the bookshelf, grabbing the journal I had specifically gifted to Seungmin on his birthday last year.

I stuck the flash drive in the center of the book and closed it, resealing the cord around it before placing it back in the shelf.

I did too much digging to find all of the. To many connections, too many loose ends. There's no telling what could go wrong. So it needed to be safe.

It had to stay hidden.

If only his father had stayed away like they originally thought he would.. I would've have dragged myself in such a mess. Truthfully... I had no idea what I was getting myself into.