40

[Felix's pov]

The smell of the brownies began to fill the house and I knew they were almost done.

I checked the timer and sure enough, six minutes left.

It was silent in the living room aside from a Christmas movie playing on the tv.

I was practically bouncing in my seat for the timer to go off. I think I finally may have perfected the recipe.

Everyone was cuddled up closely. Chan had his arm wrapped around me and even though his done it a millions among other things, I still feel warm inside.

I looked over the my right and Jisung was the first one I saw.

The way he looked almost brought tears to my eyes. He hasn't wiped the smile from his face. He would glance around the room at all of us and the decorations we just managed to put every now and then.

Not once would that cute little smile disappear. I've never seen him smile so much in the six months I've known him.

He's growing. I know he's older but still, he's different from how he was when he first came here. Antisocial, closed off, he would isolate himself away from us.

But now here he is. Curling up in Minho's arms. He was striking up conversations earlier, he looks so happy.

Though seeing Jisung the way he is now couldn't make me happier, I couldn't help but think back to what drew me to him six months ago.

Six months ago..

I helped Jeongin wheel his suitcases in from the Uber. The driver helped as well, which was extremely nice of him, considering it wasn't technically part of his job. We stopped at the door and I turned to him pulling out my wallet to tip him.

"No, keep it." The driver said with ease as he pushed away the bills.

"Just take it, please." I told him with assurance. Besides it's not technically my money. It's Minho's.

He nodded as he accepted the bills and bowed in thanks. When he started back for his car I turned to open the door and Jeongin smiled at me.

"You're always so generous." He laughed out as we lifted the suitcases into through the doorway.

"He was generous by helping, he didn't have to do that."

Jeongin nodded in agreement at my observation.

When the door behind us clicked it was like a signal to everyone that was home. Chan came bursting through the hallway in front of us from our game room and swooped Jeongin up in a hug.

This was Jeongin's first year. Him and Seungmin were finally joining us in the chaos that is college.

I knew Seungmin would be okay, he's always been good in school. Jeongin however doesn't like work well under pressure. I've already offered to help him with any classes he needed since I already took them last year.

It took a long to even convince Jeongins parents to let him stay with us this year instead of getting him a dorm.

Seungmin has been staying with us for two years because he's parent are literally the greatest on this fucking planet.

Sorry mom.

I smiled as Chan put him down and kissed his forehead.

"Don't worry, you aren't the only new addition to the home." He turned to me and I raised my eyebrow. "I forget to tell you I found you a new roommate."