59

[Jisung's pov]

Changbin dropped me off at the university, and I sat in the car with him and talk for a few minutes before it was time to head to my lecture.

I'd have to face Heidi after the little therapy session at the bar. I was still curious about so many things.

Why'd convince me to go back to them if her boyfriends only goal was to tear us apart? How did she even know where I was? How did she exactly what I felt? Why did she pretend not to know me at first?

I held in my breathe as I entered the class, my professor's eyes widened when he say me. "Welcome back, Mr. Jisung." He welcomed me with surprise in his voice. I was supposed to switch out of his class, he signed the paper. I just never turned it in. That and I have no doubt everyone in this room would've expected me to take days or even weeks out of class because of my fathers passing.

Some of the students looked sorry me, and there were others that looked scared of me.

I walked up the shirt steps of the auditorium to my seat. Heidi looked at me with an emotion that I couldn't tell was good or bad.

"Hey." She said softly, "How are you doing?"

She's referring to the news.

"I'm okay." I replied sitting down in the chair next to her, shoving my bag under my seat.

She was able to say something else but I interrupted her.

"Heidi, what were you doing at the bar?"

"So you remember now?"

"I always remembered, it just clicked afterwards who you were. What were you doing there?" I repeated my question.

"That's the bar I go to when I'm trying to get away from everyone else. It's cut off from most of the city, so it makes it easy. You were just coincidentally there."

"Why'd you say those things?"

She sighed and closed her notebook, forming her voice into a whisper while our professor played an educational video in the large projector.

"Because, a few days ago. I ran into Changbin on the street. He reeked of alcohol so heavily. And there was only one thing that could make a person want to drink that much. Can you take a guess?"

I knew what she was going to say, and I couldn't bring myself to say it. I've been beating myself up over it.

"Heartbreak." She said for me. "Then I noticed the rest of them behaving just the same, dark circles under their eyes, not speaking. Moping around." She just listed things as if she was counting down the list on her fingers.

"You also weren't showing up to school. I just put the puzzle pieces together."

"That doesn't explain why you said what you said." I whispered to her, trying to make it seem like I was paying attention the video.

"Because Jisung, I'm not blind. They made you happy, seeing the way you interacted with each other. The way you looked at them and smiled as if no one else in the world mattered..." I turned to look at her as she spoke. Her expression was soft. "You didn't deserve to lose that kind of love."

"Last question. Why are you dating Woojin?"

She rolled her eyes at herself and groaned. "Dated, he asked me and I thought it'd be a quick and way way to stop liking you. Big mistake, he's a creep. I got a cute little four leaf clover tattoo out of it though." She smiled as she pulled the sleeve of her sweater up to show me her wrist.