Christmas

Between the Stars - Canyon City 

it is lonely in between the stars

As I've been back home watching from far away

I wonder where you are

...

" Damn," Lexi said looking over her shoulder at the picture. " Your dad is- well was hot" Kali rolled her eyes and glared at Lexi. " Really Lex, gross" Lexi laughed and snatched the picture from Kali's hands. " Give it back Lex"

" ah-ah" Lexi smiled holding the picture above her head. And then holding it beside Kali's face. Analyzing them. Lexi tilted her head to the side thinking. " Interesting, you are in Hufflepuff?" Kali nodded and Lexi dropped the picture from Kali's face. " So your mother was in Gryffindor and your possible father would have been in Slytherin. You and your mother have a taste."

Kali faked a laugh and took back the picture. " I can't believe I am staring at my parents right now." Kali's smile was weak but there and Lexi walked around to hug her. " Congrats Kal you just found your dad"

...

Kali held the picture in her hands. A single tear ran down her cheek. It wasn't the thought of missing her parents right now. It was the missing Lexi. She never thought she would long to be back in that small room and hear Lexi's obnoxious laugh right across the hall.

Hermione turned on the radio skipping a few stations before landing on one. The song O Children by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was playing. Harry walked in looking over at the girls. Everything had been off since Ron left. Hermione always looked like she was one second from breaking down. And Kali's face never held a smile, and that never happens.

Harry walked over to Kali and held his hand out. " You said you like dancing" Kali blinked a few times looking at his hand. And then slowly took it. " I do" Harry pulled her up and then attempted to get her to dance. Though Kali wasn't really up to it. He slowly started spinning her around and Kali slowly broke out of her shell.

And the two were happily smiling and dancing around. Harry let go of her hands and walked over to Hermione who was watching with the slightest smile. She shook her head but finally took it.

And there the three stood. Dancing in the dim lighting to such a chilling song. Even in such times like this, laughter was still being made. And for the first time in forever, Kali was able to dance. Even though it wasn't with a tall blonde Slytherin, who always seemed to sweep her off her feet.

...

" Hermione I've been thinking," Harry said as Kali studied the symbol in the book Dumbledore gave Hermione. " I want to go to Godric's Hollow." Kali looked up at him surprised. " It's where I was born it's where my parents died" He looked to Kali and slightly frowned. " Our parents sorry" Kali smiled at him and nodded for him to go on.

" That's exactly where he'll expect you to go. Because it means something to you, both of you."  Hermione sighed. " But it means something to him too Hermione, He almost died there." Kali stood listening to Harry. " I agree with him, Wouldn't that be a place where you possibly hid a Horcrux?" Kali asked and Harry agreed.

" It's dangerous" Hermione sighed looking away. " Everything we are doing is dangerous Mione" Hermione nodded to Kali. " I have to admit, I've been thinking we will have to go there. I think it's possible something else is hidden there."