Dad

Atlantis - Seafret

Tell me why this has to end

oh no oh no

I can't save us, my Atlantis we fall

...

Nothing was working. They tried spell after spell but none of them would work and the Horcruxes were still alive and well. Ron constantly listened in on the radio hoping to hear nothing bad from it. Thought it wouldn't be surprising if he did.

" I'm doing everything I can."

" You're not doing enough!" Harry yelled back at Hermione. Kali instantly walked over to them. " Enough Harry. Hermione is the only reason we are all still alive." Harry rolled his eyes and walked straight past Kali.

" Take it off," Hermione snapped and Harry turned around looking still upset. Kali held out her hand for the Horcrux. He slowly took it off and handed it to Kali. And when she held it for the first time she felt her insides twist. Almost a connection between the locket and her felt like it was forming. And the ringing in her ears intensified. But she didn't let the others see it. Clearing her throat she fumbled the locket delicately in her fingers.

" Better?" Hermione asked and what seemed like a long breath held in by Harry was released. "Loads," He said surprised. " We'll take it in turns," Kali said attaching the locket to her neck. It gently touched her gold badger necklace.

...

The walk was long and the breaks were little. But every step was progress. Ron had been wearing the locket for a while now. Kali did everything she could to not have to wear it. Something felt wrong about it. It almost burned her skin just touching it. But yet she had an itching feeling about wanting to hold it more.

Kali watched the pieces of hair fall to the ground as Hermione chopped away at Harry's hair. " oh my god" Hermione said in shock. Kali and Harry become confused. Harry then worried that she had messed up on his hair.

" I'll tell you in a minute." She said rushing to her bag and pulling out her book. " Or maybe tell us now," Kali said looking around to see if she really had messed up on his hair.

" The sword of Gryffindor is Goblin made," Hermione said and Kali was still confused. " Cool," Kali smiled with a nod. " No you don't understand, dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that what makes it stronger." Hermione flipped the book around for them to see. Kali looked at the sword on the page and read over it.

" Okay?" Harry questions not understanding it, Kali still reading the page. " Harry you already destroyed one Horcurxs, Right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

" With a basilisk fang," Harry stopped her. " If you are telling me you got one of  those in that blood old bag of yours." He trailed off. And then it hit Kali she instantly shot up.

" It's the sword!" Kali yelled in excitement and Hermione smiled knowing she had caught on. Harry is still so confused. " You stabbed the basilisk with the sword Harry," Kali said and Harry frowned remembering it. "Its blade is impregnated with basilisk venom." Hermione finished.

" it only takes in that what makes it stronger." Harry finally understood. Grabbing the book again.

" It can destroy Horcruxes" Kali shrieked in happiness. Finally, they had a lead. " That's why Dumbledore left it to you," Kali said lightly. Her smile softened.

" You are brilliant Hermione, truly," Harry said and Kali agreed, hugging her. Hermione then went on to correct them but the light suddenly went out and Kali stood confused.