Flaws

Oceans Apart - Secret Nation

Tell me, why you try to hide it if you got something to say?

What's going on inside your mind? Feels like your miles away

I don't want to fight

But I'm gonna fight for us

I won't give up

I don't want to fight

But I'll always fight for love

...

She sat in the empty hallway by herself. The cold stone wall against her back. And her knees to her chest, while she cried into them.

" Miss Valerian, what are you doing out here?" Kali looked up seeing Snape standing in front of her again. " Would you believe me if I said I have a free period?" Kali said, trying her best to smile to him. " I would not," Kali sighed nodding. " It was worth a shot" Kali hugged her knees tighter. " Come on Miss Valerian" Kali sighed standing up and following Snape. He led her into his empty room.

He said down on his chair and pointing to an empty one across from his. " Now why are you skipping class?" Snape asked the girl, she remained quiet for a moment.

" Have you ever been in love?" Snape was taken back by the question. " Valeri-"

" It's just a question, '' Kali said, cutting him off. He looked at her through a glare before softening his expression. " Yes twice before" Kali looked up amused, wanting to know more. " What were their names?" She felt her nervousness relaxing now. Snape looked away for a moment almost not wanting to answer the question.

" Lilly " Snape seemed to be pulling back on speaking more of her. " And the other?" Kali asked sensing the feeling of discomfort.

" Rose" Kali blinked a few times. " Rose? Wh- what was her last name" She stuttered out. " Dumbledore," He said with a heavy sigh. " My mom," Kali said in shock. " Yes your mom, she was my first love."

" Did she ever love you back" She watched as he thought for a moment. " I believe she did, yes" Kali shifted in her chair. " Why didn't it work" Snape sat taller looking at the girl. It was like looking at Rose all over again for him. Only now, he saw a whole different person. " She fell for another, your father." Kali nodded never hearing much of anyone speak of her father. " And Lily?" Kali shifted in her seat bringing the attention of the story away from her mother. She didn't want to cry. 

" I was intrigued by the dark side. I wanted to be part of it. She on the other hand didn't. So when I made my decision she left. But I don't think she ever loved me as much as I felt for her"

" Did it hurt?" Kali asked, her voice becoming shaky. " A lot, yes. Much like you right now" Kali felt a single hot tear fall from her eyes. " It's funny I miss her. Yet I never even met her. Well at least I never met her and was able to remember it. Along with my father."

" She was a lot like you" Kali looked up nodding to Snape. " So I've been told. Do you think it hurt her too, to leave you I mean" Snape didn't say anything just looked at the girl. " Do you think it is hurting Malfoy'' Kali bit the inside of her cheek thinking about what he just asked her. " No, I don't think he ever cared" Snape sighed slightly chuckling to himself.

" That you are very wrong. I think he is doing this because he cares very deeply about you." Kali scrunched her nose. " He left me because he cares that doesn't make any sense."