Stay

What About Angels - Birdy

If your heart was full of love

Could you give it up?

'Cause what about, what about angels?

They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up

...

" Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, and exceptionally hard-working infinitely fair-minded and more importantly a fierce, fierce friend" Dumbledore said glancing over at his granddaughter who was holding back the tears.

She couldn't even focus on the speech being given. She only zoned out thinking back to the times she shared with him.

" You see Cedric Diggory was murdered, but Lord Voldemort'' And like that, the girl came back to reality. Her blood ran cold thinking about what might happen to her. She must have gone tense because Draco seated beside her started rubbing her back slowly. She couldn't continue to listen to Dumbledore speaking anymore. Her tears began to fall.

She spun around and Draco opens his arms. She buried herself inside his arms trying to muffle her sobs. He gently rubbed her back. Harry sitting on the other side of the room glaring at Malfoy. He wanted nothing more than to rip the girl away from him. He was dangerous that's what Harry kept repeating to himself. Only he knew the girl would never listen to him.

...

Once the speech was down everyone went to leave the great hall. It was silent, nobody even knowing what to say to each other. Not even knowing what to say to themselves either.

Harry caught up with Malfoy and Kali grabbing onto her arm. Harry pulled Kali into him and she pulled away. She glared at him, and Mafloy did the exact same. " What Harry" She spat at him. Malfoy stood back knowing that she could handle this herself.

" Stay away from her Malfoy" Harry hissed at Draco. Draco went to say something but Kali stopped him. " No, I can do this'' She said looking at him and then back at Harry. " He is my friend Harry, get over it already"

" You can't be friends with him" She shook her head pulling on the roots of her hair in frustration. " God Harry do you even hear yourself! You can't control me. I'm sorry I just don't think I can do this. It would never work Harry. And I'm sorry. I've been trying to convince myself it would since day one. But in the end, we will only end up hurt. No one should ever have to question if they love someone. No one should have to force themselves to love someone, because that's just not love Harry!"

 "Malfoy is too dangerous to be around" She shook her head looking away from him. " I can't look at you right now." She spun around walking away from him, Draco following close behind.

The two appeared outside in their spot on the bridge. She sighed closing her eyes trying to feel a sense of peace. " How are you holding up?" The blonde said, looking at the girl below him. He heard her take a breath in and reopen her eyes. " I'll be okay". He knew she would but he just didn't know how long though.

" Do you believe him?" Draco asked, sighing needing to know her thoughts. She shook her head looking at him confused. " who? Harry?" He nodded looking at the ground now sticking his hands in his pockets. He was terrified that she would be feared of him and they would grow distant. " No of course not Draco, I am not afraid of you. I could never. When I look at you I could never see danger, I could only see safety. " He let out a sigh of relief.