Rose

Hold Back the River - James Bay

Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes

Hold back the river, so I

Can stop for a minute and be by your side

Hold back the river, hold

....

Yawning and looking over at the clock. 10:15. She stretched her arms out walking over to get changed. Kali glanced at the clock feeling like she missed something. Her eyes widened at the time it was past ten. She had potions at ten. She quickly changed into uniform before sprinting to potions.

bursting through the door breathing heavily. Snape was going on giving a lecture but stopped at the sudden interruption. Even one then turned around to look at her. " Thank you for caring to join us Miss Valerian, however, you are very late" Kali sighed nodding to him. Looking down fumbling with her thumbs.

" Well come in now take a seat with Malfoy" She looked up at Snape seeing him turn around with a hidden smirk on his face. She sighed placing my stuff beside Draco.

"You know for someone who is already bad in class you think showing up on time would be on their top agenda." He snickered sarcastically to the girl. She only ignored him pulling out her book.

" What Page?" she whispered to him. " Oh,now she wants to speak" He looked at her through the side of his eyes. Kali huffed not looking at him. " Guess you don't get to know then."

Frustrated, Kali turned to him glaring. " Page Malfoy" A smirk spread on his face, seeing that he was getting under her skin. " 134" she turned back away from him flipping through the pages. Kali scanned over the text not understanding a single thing.

"Where were you anyway?" He said, giving her a side glance. " I overslept," He nodded. " Makes sense"

"What?", she questioned, confused by what he meant. " You look terrible" Kali turned to him slightly shocked. " Wow thank you Malfoy, could you possibly help me with this instead of insulting me"

" How do you not know this? My parents told me this when I was like five. Didn't mommy and daddy ever teach you?" his voice in a teasing tone, making it feel like he mocked her. Kali's heart broke for a moment at the mention of her parents. Even though she never got to know them the thought of them dying hurt. And maybe it hurt even more not to know them weirdly. She stood up abruptly shoving her books forcefully into the bag. " Valerian?" she heard him whisper shout to her. But the Hufflepuff completely ignored him and ran out of the room.

After she was in the hall she instantly felt bad. First, she was late to Snape's class and he didn't even punish her, and then she just left suddenly. Walking down the hall just wanting to be alone. " Valerian" Draco's voice from behind her again. But she tried to walk faster away from him, but her feet betrayed her.

Falling forward and the unzipped bag spilled out all of the books.

" You alright clumsy," Draco said, running up to her and holding a hand out. " Don't touch me" she hissed at him and he blinked in confusion. " What did I do?" He said clearly now mad at her attitude towards him. " Just leave me alone Malfoy" He scoffed and ignored the girl's request picking up my books for her.

They both stood up and he held some of her books out for her to grab. " Want to explain what I did now?" Kali looked up at him and he was being serious for once. She ran my tongue against her bottom lip looking down. " They aren't alive"