Soon

Wings - Birdy

Under a trillion stars

We danced on top of cars

Took a picture of the stage

So far from where we are

They made me think of you

.....

If these wings could fly

For the rest of our lives

...

He was scared, terrified really. What would become of him and the small gold-haired girl he grew so fondly of. He stayed there leaning over the railing thinking to himself.

" wow this view is absolutely amazing," The girl said making her way to him. He heard the girl that hadn't left his mind since she got here. " Have you never seen a lake before" He felt the corner of his lip turn up. She bit the inside of her cheek. " Would you laugh at me if I said yeah I haven't?" he shook his head, dropping it. " Yeah, I probably would".

She shrugged now standing beside him. " Yeah, I don't get out much" He laughed wrapping his arm around her shoulder. " I know," She chuckled, wrapping her arm around his waist. " Guess what?" She looked over up at him. He stared into her eyes. There they were, they had been dimmed for the past few days, weeks maybe, but those stars had returned.

" What?" He said moving a piece of her hair behind her ear. " I get to stay" And like that, he felt instantly relaxed that the girl he cared for wasn't leaving she would be back. He looked over her face making sure she was serious. " Seriously" He moved his hand to hold her chin. She bit her lip and nodded looking at him. He pulled her into the tightest hug holding her as close as possible. " You are so incredible have I ever told you that". He said, pulling away from her. She shifted on her feet. " Maybe once or twice" She casually shrugged.

He shook his head at the girl, smiling down at her. He found it incredibly shocking how much effect the girl had on him. She was such a small person, but she had the biggest heart he had ever met. He didn't know how he would last not seeing her smile all summer long. He took a step back holding out his hand.

" One last dance?" Kali bit down on her lip nodding to him and grabbing ahold of his hand. And there they were once again, him spinning the girl around on her small feet. Him watching her loving it. No music was being played and people probably were looking at them like they were crazy but the two didn't need music, they never did. All they needed was each other's laughter and the sound of their heartbeat racing. That was all the rhythm they ever needed.

...

" I can't believe another year is done," Juls said huffing. She shoved her clothes into her bag and Kali sighed. " yeah I can't believe my first year is done already" The small girl huffed while sitting beside Juls. They sat in the middle of the floor looking around the room.

" I'm going to miss this place," Kali said looking down. Julie looked over bumping her shoulder with hers. " We'll be back next year Tiny don't worry" Kali laughed, shoving Juls shoulder and hearing the nickname again. " I'm serious though, I could not do having a different roommate again" the gild haired girl laughed even more and they wrapped their arms around each other. " Thank you for being a great friend Juls" Julie squeezed Kali tighter. " Right back at you Tiny"