Hogwarts

...

Only the Brave - Louis Tomlinson

Tall stories on the page, short glories on the fade

I've been close enough to touch, but I never cared

for love

...

If the truth tell, darling, you fell

Like there ain't enough dying stars

In your sky

...

It's funny I could listen to it on repeat. Those three words, with such incredible meanings. I can't tell you the exact time I knew. Maybe it was the first time I saw your eyes. Glowing like the most beautiful stars. Or maybe the first time we dance. Spinning around and around. Or even the first time we looked up at the stars.

But when I did realize it, it was when I could look at you and everything didn't matter anymore. Just you. Everything around me, around us, disappeared into thin air. I knew when it made my day just to see your smile glowing like the sun. I knew when your laugh became the most beautiful music to my ears. Or the sound of your heartbeat was a pure melody to me. I knew when it became so easy, like blinking, breathing, existing...

How truly beautiful it was that we existed.

You were everything and more, you were incredible.

You were my brightest star,

. . . Always . . .

...

She was told about the story of Harry Potter many many times. How he managed to live the killing curse, yet would lose his parents that awful day. And just like Harry, a small girl would soon grow up without her parents. Kali Rose Valerian would lose her parents that very night alongside the Potters.

Kali would hide from what? well, she was never really sure. Growing up in hiding had its advantages for the shy girl. She liked the quiet walls around her and the other girl down the hall. But still, through all the magical stories she heard, a longing to go to Hogwarts was there. Waiting for the day, praying for it, that she would get to leave and experience something magical. 

Dumbledore had told the young girl hundreds of stories about Hogwarts. And about her mother, who was his daughter. She would listen in on how wonderful her mother once was, wishing she would be the slightest bit like her. 

And now for the first time, she could leave. Her room was small but she still paced it packing every item she could possibly need. Clothes, favorite books, she was lost on what she could be missing. She wasn't sure why suddenly she could leave but didn't question it. Ready to experience what her mother had once.

Journal, that's what was missing. Kali smiled as she grabbed it off the shelf and stuffed it in her bag. Lexi, a girl who was practically her sister had once gotten her one. It became a way Kali could communicate the words she could never say out loud. It was hard to express herself when all she really knew were three people and a house. 

" There someone here for you" A high pitch sing-song voice spoke out. Lexi looked almost sad to see the almost empty room now. Kali smiled and stood walking to her sister. " See you next summer?" Lexi questioned with a smile. Kali giggled and just nodded walking into her arms. The girls stood hugging for a few moments. Before a knock on the door interrupted them. " It's time" Riley Valierian grinned.