The Final Chapter.

Jin Ling said his goodbyes and was gone, leaving Wei Ying pouting and missing the baby already. Everybody got invited to his birthday again in his hungry effort to lay his hands on his Godson soon – as soon as possible. 

Then Lan Wangji announced that they would be setting out too; he had decided to leave the carriage and the Gusu servants with his brother – the carriage was filled with wedding presents for the married couple, but they were more traditional and he did not care too much about those; the servants were instructed to help with whatever the newly married couple might need in the next days, and return to Cloud Recesses afterwards. He and his husband were to ride back to Gusu.

Now, riding back to Gusu with an overly excited and excessively stimulated Wei Wuxian was not such a straightforward task, but Hanguang-Jun did not complain one bit. As the path was secluded and went mostly through the mountains, they stopped several times to the side of the road to make love, kissing and biting each other furiously. 

The night found them mid-road, and they made a small fire, thankful that the weather was fine so they did not need to look for shelter. The woods were silent and peaceful, but they would only listen to each other's moans anyway. The morning was chilly, yet they went swimming in a nearby stream, laughing and enjoying each other's strong bodies, constantly touching and kissing, marveling each other's skin. 

Both seemed always amazed with each other, as such happiness felt incredible after a long time of suffering and anxiety. It was unbelievable, yet it was real.

Wei Wuxian would tease his husband all the time with awful  sentences and commands that would turn him on painfully much – "Catch me, Hanguang-Jun!", "Fuck me, Hanguang-Jun!", "Feel me, Hanguang-Jun!", "Suck harder, Hanguang-Jun!". 

Lan Wangji was trembling all over, unable to believe it, often believing rather that they stayed in Heaven, and this now was their reward for a hard and miserable life. But then the lips kissing and licking him were too real, and the heavy body on top of him was real too, and the pain and pleasure were far too real too. It wasn't a fragile body he feared not to break any more – it was a strong and healthy body that was surrendering to him completely, but also demanded full surrender when the roles switched. 

Lan Zhan could not remember a time in his life when he was truly happier than now.

**

Back at Cloud Recesses life went on just like before. Hanguang-Jun was teaching and instructing disciples, and the only new thing was the fact that his husband was attending all classes, sitting a little aside, grinning and trying to distract him constantly. Nostalgia after their teenage years got even stronger as the two of them trained together, sometimes sparring on the rooftops at night, much to Bai Li's dismay. 

For his birthday, Wei Qianbei got a brand new sword from his husband and wondered about a name for too many weeks, causing absolute indignation, fury, and a couple of days of sulking on the part of Lan Wangji.

Hanguang-Jun decided to let some of the servants go, as they were all hired with a new baby in mind; but as now it was just the two of them – they really didn't need that much. Wei Ying would often go by the room that had been prepared for their son during the months of Miao Lu's pregnancy, and Bai Li would often urge him to redecorate the room, and repurpose it, as it was torture for both Masters to even look inside, but he refused, pressing his forehead against the locked door.

- He will be back, Bai Li. Sooner or later. This will be his room. Always.

**

Fall and winter was busy time for the housekeeper, as all the Masters' birthdays were then, and also New Year's, and now that the family seemed closer than ever and travelled to visit each other regularly, she really wanted everything to be perfect. 

And indeed, all of them looked happy... but maybe the Young Master Lan was a little upset, seeing his dads so close and so in love; and perhaps Master Wei and Master Lan would place their grown-up son in between them too often, petting him and covering him in kisses as if he was a little child.

Miao Lu never again returned to the Cloud Recesses, but Lan Xichen invited her for his birthday that fall, and she and Wen Ning arrived on horseback, looking happy and content too. The biggest surprise for everyone was that she had decided to buy a piece of land in Yunmeng with the money Lan Wangji generously put in her name after she left Gusu. 

She was smiling and looked blooming and calm, saying that Lotus Pier was the most beautiful place she had ever seen, and she wanted to stay. Master Wen said he never cared about where he lived, but he approved, as this arrangement meant he could be closer to both Zewu-Jun, if he needed him, and to Wei Wuxian, if a disaster stroke.

Sandu Shengshou and Zewu-Jun were inseparable. It was quite unthinkable any more, and it was so extreme that Lan Wangji started wondering if his gift had been a good idea at all. They were always sitting close together and one could almost feel the waves of love and desire running through them – through their bodies and their souls. When they spoke to others, they would always be touching, not letting go of each other; and when they talked to each other, or looked at each other, they would be hugging tight, or kissing, or just breathing together, sharing their lives fully. 

Wei Ying was looking at them with envy, but also with pity – he knew from experience, and quite well, how exhausting this kind of life – and love  - was.

***

Life was good and easy, but the Masters of the Cloud Recesses would not let it become boring again. They travelled a lot, visiting the Clans, searching for a bride for their son, but their hearts were not in it. The fear that their choice might bring A-Yuan a lifetime of misery and sorrow was huge and terrifying for them. He would visit them with news from the Capital, and he was trying to focus on them more, and not so much on himself. 

He knew that patience is a virtue.

And soon he got proof of this. They all did.