Preparation./Anticipation.[continued]

Lan Zhan's hands too readily started undressing Wei Ying, who was gasping helplessly, as his arousal matched his partner's. He was drowning in the ecstasy every touch and kiss sent through his body. Thirsty lips were licking and sucking now that Lan Zhan had opened his robe and had access to his chest, and thirsty hands grabbed his wrists and pinned him against the wall with the only option to moan and kiss back.

- No.. Lan Zhan... - he tried to stop this avalanche of kissing and petting, tried to push him away, as painful as it was. Lan Wangji looked at him, hurt, after managing to stop himself from dragging him to bed.

- Wei Ying! – he gasped.

- Beloved, I want you too... - Wei Wuxian whimpered and caressed his face and smiled gently. – But leave it all for tonight, yes? And also – we cannot spend one more whole day in bed, Hanguang-Jun...

He came closer and wrapped Lan Wangji's arms around his own waist, as his husband was sulking now and would not hug him.

- Let's make a baby, my heart, and then – I will be yours, and only yours, for as long as I breathe in this lifetime. I swear it.

He took Lan Zhan's face in his hands and kissed him gently and deeply, feeling how the grip on his waist now tightened, satisfied.

- For you... I am doing it just for you...- Lan Zhan murmured.

- I know. I know, my love. He will be perfect. I know it. Ours, our flesh and blood. Let's make this together, Lan Zhan...

He nodded, and, flushed, finally let him go after one final kiss.

Hanguang-Jun hurried out of the room, and Wei Ying, curious, peeked around the corner to see what the rush was about. What he saw brought tears to his eyes.

Lan Zhan stood outside Miao Lu's chamber and knocked on the door resolutely.

She opened the door and gasped and blushed when she saw him there. He bowed to her lightly and said:

- Forgive the disturbance, Miao Lu.

- Please, Master, never apologize to me! – she bowed back and blushed, ashamed to hear such respectful words from him.

- I have come to ask you to join us tonight. It's time.

- Of course, Master. – she blushed deeper and bowed again. – I am only happy to oblige.

- Forgive me, if I have offended you in any way. My husband is wise and told me that I might have been cold towards you. – he looked up at her sternly. – You must know it is not personal. I usually have hard time forming new...relationships.

Miao Lu shook her head, breathless. No Master needed to explain his behavior to a mere servant girl.

- No need to apologize, Master! Please! Not to me anyway. I am here to serve you. I am happy to serve both you and Wei Qianbei. – she said, lowering her eyes.

- It is settled then. – he said and to her surprise turned abruptly back, just as he had – quite abruptly – come to her door.

Wei Ying grinned, proud of his husband. This one time he was actually grateful for Lan Wangji's acute sense of duty.