Lan Sizhui/ Gusu Lan Clan [former: Qishan Wen Clan]

"Аhhh! Lan Zhan... I want it... Here... Now... I want you..."

"My love... my love..."

***

Miao Lu was just about to knock on the door and join her Masters for breakfast, but as she heard that, she blushed and turned away to go back to her room. Bai Li had explicitly told her that the Masters wanted to see her, but she doubted that they would want to see her right in that moment. She knew those sounds. She almost hated Lan Wangji now; he was taking almost everything away from her.

She hadn't seen anyone but the housekeeper since her Master's birthday dinner. That night she did not sleep, she could not. She just cried her eyes out. She knew that it was going to be hard - nothing so lucky and good lasts for long... She was wondering whether her Masters would throw her out of the House after those awful words... 

That night she had secretly tiptoed to the master bedroom's door, and tried to catch at least a word...she dreaded having to go back to the cruel cold world, after having so much safety and affection here. What she overheard broke her heart - Wei Qianbei was crying, blaming himself for everything... She desperately wanted to be there, to comfort him anyway she could...but in the end - it was his husband who coaxed him to sleep... It was not her place. It would never be.

That night she had realized that she could not possibly stay in this place after her role was over. Her Masters were kind, and allowed it, but she understood that it would ruin her, demolish her heart.

She had returned to her room, anxious and fearful. She indeed expected Bai Li the next morning too, but the news she brought were surprising: All the guests had left, only the Young Master was to leave on the following day.

- You should expect the Masters to call you any minute now. The celebrations are over, and I should think both of them know that you are not feeling too well. They will have hope. - she smiled at her and tried to calm her down. So she waited.

And she waited. Who knew that the Masters would lock themselves up for the next two days, and make love not even thinking about food or their own son? At first, she thought that she was living with some really strange and weirdly insane people. But as absolutely no one else was surprised, or upset about it - she changed her mind. She envied them. She envied what they had. And she was sure that, once the baby was born, this feeling between them would only get stronger.

Lan Sizhui was the one to take her out of her despair and boredom, as he came a couple of times to her room - or rather, his old room - to ask her out for a walk, knowing that she must have been quite upset. She shyly agreed, feeling quite uncomfortable at first, but the Young Master really had a way to make people like him. He was friendly and very easy-going, very gentle. 

She realized that her first impression of him was wrong - he did not take after any one of his fathers. There was a better resemblance in manners to the Ghost General rather.

- You must be wondering about my dads? - he laughed awkwardly, as they were sitting in the garden and feeding the koi fish in the pond. - I know that they seem strange, or worse, to most people... But they have been through a lot... Through too much... And they are still catching up for lost time... -  he said slowly and thoughtfully.

- I am sure they have told you their story?  -  he looked up at her with curiosity.