Candlelight.

When Wei Wuxian finally woke up, it was very late at night. 

He found himself all wrapped up in the bed covers, his head lying on his husband's belly. Lan Wangji had taken most of his night clothes off – the room was too warm for him again, and Wei Ying once again thought that he was making too many sacrifices for his sake. He looked up with eyes full of wonder and love.

- Please, rest, my darling. It is very late. – Lan Zhan murmured, having immediately felt him stir.

Wei Ying smiled and hid his face in his lover's skin briefly; then he pulled himself up and looked around the room – there were more candles lit than usual, and Lan Zhan was reading a very old-looking book by their light.

- Are you catching up on work, my heart? – he asked sleepily.

- We can talk about it tomorrow, sweetheart. How are you feeling? Better? – Lan Zhan said gently.

Wei Wuxian leaned in and kissed his neck.

- I am fine... I missed you... You smell so good, husband... - he was purring, breathing in Lan Wangji's scent, content to be hugged.

He turned to kiss his forehead, and asked distractedly:

- Do you remember A-Yuan's letter, darling? He mentioned His Majesty's astrologers?

- Mmmm.... Mmmmmmhhhhhfffffffffff.... – Wei Ying did not want to leave the fragrant gentle spot, his face was buried in Lan Zhan's hair and he was too happy there.

- You said that he sounds worried?

- Ah, Lan Zhan!!!! – he mumbled, quickly moving away, irritated. – Why can't you leave work for a couple of hours! I thought we could do different things tonight! – he glared at Lan Wangji with reproach, now fully  awake.

- You are right. My sweetest... - Lan Zhan took his face in his hands and brought it closer, kissing him slowly and deeply, taking his time and enjoying his moans. He knew too well that a kiss was all it took to chase Wei Wuxian's bad mood away.

- Uhhh...oh... Unfair...unfair, Lan Wangji! – he murmured lovingly.

- You are right, my sweetest... Let's leave it for tomorrow. Let's enjoy tonight. - he whispered.

Wei Ying let him get on top of him again, feeling his hot breath on his skin yet again. The book fell to the side of the bed, and, now curious – he stirred and moved to take a look at the title. Lan Zhan's lips were on his shoulders, placing quick kisses over his collarbone too, and his arm,  and now his hand slid down to reach into his pants, ready to undress him and make love to him.

- "Constellations and Mythical Creatures"?  –  Wei Ying panted.

Lan Zhan's lips stopped momentarily. He propped himself up on his hands, and they stared into each other's faces for a while.

- Is this a new school subject now, Lan Zhan? Because I highly doubt it. - Wei Wuxian asked sternly.

Hanguang-Jun moved away from him, sighing:

- I really wanted you to rest tonight, Wei Ying...

- So that I could spend time with Miao Lu tomorrow? – he ventured.

Lan Zhan just nodded, frowning.

- There are things we will have to discuss. Unfortunately.

Lan Wangji propped his back against the pillows at the head of the bed, sinking deep in thought, and Wei Ying snuggled close into him, enjoying his embrace again.

- It is about our son, isn't it? – Wei Wuxian murmured. He clearly saw that Lan Wangji was serious.

- Both our sons, perhaps. I dare not even speculate. You know how our fates are all connected, Wei Ying.

He said nothing, but listened to Lan Wangji's heartbeat. He could feel very clearly that he was worried, but in a way that was deeper, worse than usual.

- Will we ever have peace, Lan Zhan?

- Happiness and peace are hard to come by, darling. But yes. In the end. I believe so. – Lan Zhan smiled.

- Do you sometimes wish I was a girl, Hanguang-Jun? – Wei Ying asked quietly, blushing.

- What?  –  the question caught Lan Zhan totally unprepared, and he looked down, trying to catch Wei Ying's gaze. He was hiding his face in his chest, so he only felt the heat coming from his burning cheek.

- I cannot help but think that things would have been much easier... like that...
-  he mumbled, ashamed.

- Silly.  -  Hanguang-Jun kissed the top of his head, taking some time to bury his face in his hair too. – I have told you before that you are perfect. And that I don't need another. Your memory is getting worse and worse with age, Wei Qianbei. – he smiled.

- You joke, Lan Zhan... But I think about it a lot. – Wei Wuxian said sadly.

- You do? – now Lan Wangji turned to face him, lifting his chin so that their eyes met.

- I do. The outrage around our wedding... All the problems you had with your uncle... The resentful energy...Your...core... - Wei Ying's voice broke. – And now our son... I wish I could give you a son, Lan Wangji... Our own flesh and bones. Our own...

Lan Wangji tightened his grip on his body so much that he left him breathless. He leaned in and their faces got as close as they could get. Wei Wuxian felt his hot breath on his skin, and lips, and hair, when he whispered coarsely:

- If I had wanted a girl – I would have gotten a girl; there are hundreds out there. I waited for you for 16 years... 16 years... 16 years with no sex, Wei Ying, and just one memory... No one could be my match, because I had found my soulmate... A girl? Do you think a girl could have survived our lovemaking, Wei Ying?! Do you think I would ever be satisfied with a girl? Speak! – he finally growled.

- You... You don't scare me, Hanguang-Jun. – Wei Ying grinned. – I love you too. – he whispered breathlessly.

- A girl...  -  Lan Zhan was mumbling, looking away now. – If you were a girl, and survived at all, then the house would be full of children... Huh. More than 20 years of marriage, this means roughly 20-21 children...- he was mumbling to himself now, ignoring the fact that Wei Wuxian's grin was getting wider. – I would have had to give up teaching... not enough rooms... nurseries, nannies... Another housekeeper, more expenses... No time for training, no time for reading and research... Huh.

He got distracted by the imaginary scenario, and his grip on Wei Ying's body loosened, so that he took the opportunity to get on top of him  this time; flushed, he melted with love and tenderness, and murmured:

- I am so, so lucky to have your love, Lan Zhan... Please, don't be mad at me... You make me so happy, my love...

His husband blinked, coming back to reality. The naughty grin returned too:

- Lan Zhan, you are so amazing! Hanguang-Jun is the wisest, the prettiest! I love you so much, Hanguang-Jun! – he babbled happily.

The frown on Lan Wangji's face disappeared and he laughed:

- Wei Ying, why are you 5 years old?

- Oh, so now I'm 5 years old again, eh?  –  Wei Ying pouted, crossing his arms on his chest.

- You are. But I love you very much still. – Lan Zhan said softly.

- I love you too... I love you too... How do I show you? How can I make you believe it, Hanguang-Jun? – he smirked.

- Well, I know one way, Wei Qianbei. – Lan Zhan smirked back.

- Is it a sexy way? – Wei Ying stared at his face cheekily, defying him.

- Mmmmmmm.