Family.[continued]

NOTE:

I was quite surprised to learn that Buddhism was actually quite popular in ancient China. The term of "Bodhisattva" is included in this chapter. 

Please, consider it in the broadest definition of the word as "a person who is on the path to enlightenment, awakening, wisdom."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhisattva

****

The Ghost General managed to enter through the door with difficulty as he was carrying the present almost on his back.

- Oh, Masters! – Bai Li could not help but exclaim.

- A-Ning! – Wei Ying also gasped.

- I decided to... I hope you like it... And it's alright... I wasn't sure... - Wen Ning tried to explain, but somehow failed.

- It is absolutely beautiful. We love it, Brother. – Lan Zhan said warmly, surprising the housekeeper greatly – Bai Li didn't know Hanguang-Jun was capable of using such a voice for anyone.

In the middle of the room there now was a lovely cradle, made of very pale wood, intricately carved and polished till it shone. It was deep enough to be safe, and it looked stable and massive, secure. On it were elegantly carved both the symbol of the Gusu Lan Clan and the Yunmeng Jiang Clan, and also with protection spells. It was a work of art, as it was, undoubtedly, very heavy, but looked graceful, ethereal, as if made of clouds.

Both Masters approached, as if their movements were rehearsed, and hugged the tall pale figure. Wei Ying said through tears:

- You are the most amazing human being, A-Ning.

- I agree. – Lan Wangji said tenderly.

They didn't see Jiang Cheng who barged in, without knocking, huffing:

- I saw the door was open. So, can we talk now?

He frowned, seeing the three of them hugging, but then gaped when he saw the baby cradle in the room too.

- Are you here, dearest? – Lan Xichen peeked through the door too, obviously searching for his Sandu Shengshou.

- Oh please! Come in! All of you should come in!  –  Wei Wuxian yelled, his voice getting shrill again.

Bai Li tried to hide a grin, and Lan Wangji was already sorry that he had taken most of his clothes off.

– Did A-Yuan do this?! I am going to tear both his ears off! The rascal! Just because I said he should get married! – Wei Wuxian was fuming, still hanging from Wen Ning's neck, quite unwilling to let him go.

- Darling, please, behave...  -  Lan Zhan begged, blushing.

"No! It wasn't me!

– came a shout from the yard; Lan Sizhui was having too much fun, enjoying his revenge.

Hanguang-Jun put on a robe, and said calmly:

- Bai Li, please bring us tea here. Let the servants bring two more stools too.

- Umm, no!  One stool, annoying young woman! – Wei Ying's voice was reaching new heights. – I am soooo planning to stay in bed! This is my damned bedroom!  –  he scoffed.

Everybody sat down. 

Lan Sizhui tried to join them, as it looked like a discussion was just about to be held anyway, but Wei Wuxian had jumped all too nimbly out of bed and boxed his ears, telling him he was banned from the master bedroom indefinitely, making him pout.

Bai Li brought the tea, and sat to the side after pouring it for everyone. She also served tea in bed to Wei Qianbei as he stubbornly refused to join them, sulking.

- We need to make a plan, Brother. – Zewu-Jun said sternly.

- Indeed. - Hanguang-Jun agreed. – I have arranged for an additional construction to be built at the far end of the gardens, as it seems physical distance between Wei Ying and Miao Lu matters. Bai Li, actually, this is what I wanted to talk to you about. We need to start with the building work very soon.

- Yes, Master. – she bowed. – As soon as the staff returns from the holidays, I will organize it all.

- Good. Also, me and my husband had the idea of going for a hunt, as you all here, and we cannot honor you with proper New Year's Day celebrations. But we wanted to make your stay at least a little festive. - Hanguang-Jun bowed to the party.

- Oh I am not going anywhere!  –  Wei Ying mumbled, pouting.

- I think it's a great idea Finally, some fun that we can have without Wei Wuxian spoiling it all! - Jiang Cheng grinned.

- Hey - Wei Qianbei wailed, sitting up in the bed and almost spilling his tea.

- Well, Master Wei, someone has to stay behind with the Young Mistress. – Lan Xichen smiled, trying to pacify the conflict that was going to bloom any second now.

- My son will be grounded anyway! He will stay! – Wei Wuxian grinned. – Don't you ever doubt it!

- Our son, darling.  –  Lan Zhan mumbled.

"HEY!!!"  

–  came a muffled cry from behind the door; Lan Sizhui was obviously eavesdropping.

Bai Li was making mental notes of the errands she had to run, and ventured to ask:

- Forgive me, Masters, but I need to know how long Zewu-Jun and Sandu Shengshou would be staying, and also the Young Master. We need to do some shopping, and also I need more people to help in the kitchen.

- Not too long, Bai Li. – Lan Xichen smiled, answering her question. – You shouldn't worry too much about this.

She bowed.

- You can leave, Bai Li. Take A-Yuan to help you with errands – he has been grounded. – Lan Wangji said seriously.

"HEY!!!!!!!!! I just turned 30! I am not a disciple any more, Dad!!!

– came a desperate cry from behind the door.

- Do it.

                                                      -  Lan Zhan and Wei Ying said simultaneously.  
Do it!!!

Zewu-Jun looked at Jiang Wanyin, blushing, and smiled gently. Jiang Cheng bit his lip  –  he knew that Lan Huan also craved for this kind of married life. 

He coughed a little, clearing his throat:

- I think we should assume the worst scenario and prepare for it. I am still skeptical, but in case it is all true – it could become quite a mess, and we all know that we will be the ones to clean up that mess in the end, as always. – he frowned.

- I agree, Sandu Shengshou. - Hanguang-Jun said coolly. – We must assume that the baby will carry our magic, that the Qilin  exists, that it all could even lead to a war. Don't underestimate the faith of the masses if they catch a word about a Bodhisattva  being born. Alas, in the past, such sages were often involved in politics. I am not sure what my husband's opinion on this is, but I would hate it for our son to be involved in politics. It is quite enough that A-Yuan serves at the Palace. – he frowned.

Wei Wuxian did not quite realize when he had crawled out of bed, and kneeled next to his husband, hugging his waist. 

He murmured:

- I agree. Nothing's dirtier than politics.  The damned Clans are more than enough. Speaking of which.... – he raised an eyebrow. – Do you think we should inform A-Ling too?  –  he grinned. In his eyes, his nephew would forever be the messy kid who always got himself in trouble.

- Maybe it's still early. But I am sure Clan Leader Jin Rulan  should be informed, yes.  –  Lan Wangji stressed on the title, teasing his lover.

- Hanguang-Jun, I'm not in the mood! – Wei Wuxian snapped, still sulking.

Lan Wangji pulled him closer, and whispered in his neck:

- Well, we need to work on that today, my love, don't we...?

Wei Ying turned his head to face him and the two got lost in a kiss, ignoring everything.

"Hey! Why are you all so quiet all of a sudden?! I want to go on a hunt too! Papa!!!" –  Lan Sizhui wailed outside the door, desperate to see what was going on inside, and far too curious too.