Offset.[continued]

- Indeed. – Lan Xichen agreed, facing his lover. – I have nothing to hide.

Jiang Cheng shuddered. He was not afraid of Wei Ying listening to his life, being told by the man he adored, but rather he remembered all too clearly the day those same lips had said  "I have nothing left to lose."  with such great despair that it had touched his heart.

Wei Wuxian sat up, excited, and after hearing Lan Wangji's gentle "Sweetheart...", he moved closer, sitting in his usual way, letting himself be hugged from behind, despite the hot room.

Jiang Cheng wasn't listening to that fateful day being told over again by Lan Huan – he knew it all too well; their thirsty kisses, the mad ride home, the long bath they took together, getting to know their bodies well, the sleepless night in a bed that wasn't feeling cold and lonely any more... the warmth, the gratitude, the amazement at how close by happiness had been all along...

He was watching the two men across the room carefully – everything in Hanguang-Jun's body language expressed possessiveness; his right arm was hugging Wei Wuxian's waist, and his big palm was covering his stomach, probably touching his crotch too. His left hand was either feeding him small bits of food, or caressing his neck and shoulders, removing his hair carefully so that he could kiss the open skin. 

His posture was screaming "Don't dare touch him, he is mine, and mine only.".

His whole body was enveloping Wei Ying, as if he was trying to protect him from anyone and anything. Every time he touched his husband, Wei Ying would move closer, tilt his head immediately, or turn around to kiss him – but his body responded without fail, enjoying it, seeking for it, knowing that it was coming, too sure that he was loved, wanted, missed. These were things that were not new, but he was late to notice them. They have been there since the very beginning.

He was a little breathless, listening to his loved one's voice. It still felt like some sort of intrusion on their privacy, their small perfect world. He was observing Wei Wuxian's face fearfully, ready to defend himself, ready to defend the two of  them, knowing to expect ridicule and mockery, as usual. But Wei Wuxian's eyes were filled with tears, and he was sniffing like a small kid, smiling, squeezing Hanguang-Jun's hand over his belly. When the tale was told, he said:

- Brother, Zewu-Jun, I cannot describe how happy we are for you two. We wish you all the happiness in the world. – the grip on his waist was undone and both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji bowed in unison.

- Thank you, kindly. - Zewu-Jun said, touched.

- Hmm. Wei Ying, you've changed. - Sandu Shengshou mumbled.

Wei Wuxian shivered slightly, this was the very first time his brother used that name. He was unsure how to react, but finally decided to take the chance, so he stood up and went to kneel next to Jiang Cheng, hugging him.

- Oh, Wanyin... - he murmured, brushing tears away. – I only want you to be happy...

He then turned towards Lan Xichen, beaming:

- Zewu-Jun, Zewu-Jun! If you two get married, can I call you "Brother"  too?!?

Lan Huan blushed deeply, his eyes were humbly staring at his hands resting in his lap, and he murmured:

- This will wholly depend on your  brother, Master Wei.

Hanguang-Jun was ready to get up and take his husband to bed before things turned more disastrous, but then he surprised him, saying:

- I trust Sandu Shengshou will do what's best when the time is right.

Both Zewu-Jun and Jiang Cheng gaped now – it was a sentence better suited for Lan Wangji, not the unruly Wei Wuxian. But yes, there it was. He continued:

- We have many things to discuss, but perhaps after my lovely husband's birthday. I am truly hoping to get him drunk tomorrow. – he winked at them and whispered so loudly that Lan Wangji not only heard him, but frowned too.

- Wei Ying!

Now both Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng relaxed. Wei Wuxian was back, the spell was broken, and all was back to normal. 

The new surprise came from Zewu-Jun, as he...approved:

- Wei Qianbei, I think this is a good idea. Brother definitely needs to relax a little. He has been worried sick for you lately. – he said sweetly.

- Indeed. – Wei Ying agreed and came back to his seat, leaning his head against Lan Zhan's pounding heart. – I just hope he knows that I have forgiven everything. I hope he knows that I love him very much.