The New Old.

The Masters moved back to the Jingshi  quite early the next morning, which surprised Bai Li. In the last 2 months, Master Wei was feeling so poorly that he would sleep in on most days, but today both Masters looked happy and fresh, rested. Still, marks and bruises were visible on Hanguang-Jun, as he was only lightly dressed at that moment, but he paid absolutely no attention to this. 

She knew well that very soon he would be completely healed; she also felt that in the last weeks there was some subtle and mysterious development in her Masters' relationship – it was hard on them, but she clearly saw that they were better off for it. Master Wei was more restrained now, quieter, often brooding. 

Hanguang-Jun, on the contrary, spent more time talking to her, taking care of things he rarely cared about in the past, and he was smiling more, laughing more. She watched them grow, and she knew for a fact that it was all connected with their son. 

She smiled and bowed, welcoming them back in the master bedroom:

- Good morning, Masters! Was the Hanshi  satisfactory?

- Oh, Bai Li – more than satisfactory!  – Wei Ying grinned. – Hello, hello!

She blushed, she had meant the fire and the temperature in the room.

- Good morning, Bai Li. - Hanguang-Jun's voice thundered, as he was placing his husband on the bed – he had been adamant to carry him again, and Wei Ying let him, with pleasure this time, snuggling, even for the minute it took to walk from one room to the other.

- I am going for a swim, but please, take care of your Master. We will take breakfast here, and maybe the Mistress can join us for lunch? – he turned towards Wei Ying questioningly.

He nodded – he wanted to spend some time with his son, it had been a couple of days since he last did.

- Great. So, let Wen Ning and Miao Lu know. Lunch and dinner in the big hall. – he turned to leave the room, ignoring her bow.

Wei Wuxian was watching him go, all flushed. There was something really arousing in the way Hanguang-Jun was giving orders. He now relaxed in the bed, happy, and turned to the housekeeper:

- How have you been, Bai Li? How is my son doing?

- You are in a good mood today, Wei Qianbei. I am so happy to see this, Master. – she bowed again, and kneeled to feed the fire. – The Mistress is doing fine, she has been spending quite some time with Master Wen too. They get along quite well.

- I am glad. Most people are terrified of him, for some reason or other. – he mumbled. – But I see she sort of likes him. I am glad. Really. He is the kindest person I have ever met. – he said gently.

- Indeed, Master. – she agreed. – I think the Mistress is a little bored. She asked if they could take a walk in town, when the weather turns, her and Sue Lin.

He frowned.

- Hmmm. I don't know about this, Bai Li. – he murmured. – But I guess, it is better to let her now, while she is not too far ahead. I will discuss this with Lan Zhan, and tell her at lunch. Thank you for the message.

Bai Li turned to face him, surprised. He had never thanked her before for a thing that was her job really.

- Master, - she ventured. – forgive my insolence, but... you've changed. – she bowed her head lightly.

He laughed.

- Blame Hanguang-Jun for it. He is... - he sighed, blushing. – I wish I could marry him anew. He deserves all the happiness in the world, Bai Li. – he murmured softly.

- You both do, Master. – she bowed again, flushed.

There was a short silence, his gaze wondered far away, daydreaming, and she stared into the fire, wondering at how a love like that could ever exist. It looked like magic indeed.

- Prepare a bath for me, and bring breakfast as soon as Lan Zhan comes back. You can rest a little today, Bai Li – we will only need the meals – let the servants take care of lunch and dinner. You have done enough.

- Master.  – she smiled and bowed low.

- Once we are away, you can have some peace and quiet, ha! Are you going to miss us, Bai Li? Or rather not? – he grinned.

- I will, Master. We all will. – she blushed.

- Go, go. – he dismissed her with a wave of his hand, amused.

**

When Lan Wangji came back to the bedroom, he found Wei Wuxian lost in a book – he was lying on the bed, propped on his elbow, frowning. The moment he entered, he looked up and snapped:

- Hanguang-Jun! There! – he said sternly, pointing at the space, prepared in front of the fire.

Lan Zhan puffed – the room was too hot, but it seemed his husband was feeling perfect in it. He obediently sat in front of the fire, ready to be sweating profusely in the next few minutes. He watched the servants bring breakfast, and also hot water for a bath. Wei Ying ignored the food, and started undressing in order to get into the bath-tub.

Lan Zhan now fully turned his back to the fire, and watched him strip, gaping. Wei Ying had not noticed it, and was taking off his clothes slowly, lost in thought – the things he read in the book about the Qilin  were confusing, and he wondered what problems might lie ahead, again.

- Wei Ying...

- Mmm? What is it, Hanguang-....

He turned to see Lan Wangji – his eyes were glazed, his lips – parted. He was breathing shakily, his hands were on his knees, and his fingers were digging into the skin as he was having a hard time controlling himself.

Wei Wuxian was confused – he knew what it all meant, but could not understand why. His hands were just untying his hair, and after a second's thought he grinned:

- Hanguang-Jun? Do you want to... help me... undress? Husband?

Hanguang-Jun was on him within a split second. He merged their lips together, his hands impatiently roaming Wei Ying's body, peeling layers of clothes off, eager to feel the soft skin again. Once his mouth moved to Wei Wuxian's neck, he managed to murmur, breathless:

- I see you have missed me, Lan Zhan... Oooohhh... uhhh... No biting today, my heart... Uhh, Hanguang-Jun...

- I always miss you... Wei Ying...  -  Lan Wangji growled, thirsty.

- My love... My love...

He was now fully naked, and being pulled to Hanguang-Jun's moist body fully, feeling his hands caress and travel all over him, needing to make sure that he was there, that he was his. Wei Ying let him, gladly. Yesterday was a nightmare, and last night was Heaven. He really needed today to be calm.

- Do you... do you want to... Lan Zhan...uhhh... Do you want to join me in ... the bath... Hanguang-Jun... - he managed to blurt out between kisses.

Lan Wangji just shook his head.

- Please, enjoy it, sweetheart. You know very well what will be happening if I get you all alone in that bath... - he said breathlessly, finally managing to get away from their embrace and kisses, and going back to sit next to the fire to dry his hair.

Wei Ying smiled – he knew that this was the rational thing to do, but he also knew that it took all of Hanguang-Jun's strength to let go of him at that moment. He entered the bath alone, and it felt strangely big. He wondered if he had lost weight in the last month. His husband would always look at him with concern, but he would do it almost all the time anyway. He slid his hand over his ribs, frowning.

- I often hate this body, you know. Mo Xuanyu was a wimp, and he obviously liked pain too much. – he mumbled.

- It doesn't matter, darling. – Lan Zhan was avoiding looking at him, so he was trying very hard to focus on drying his long hair, and meditating.

- It matters to me... - Wei Ying mumbled. – It is problematic, Lan Zhan. If I had my old body, none of our problems would exist. – he sighed gloomily.

- It doesn't matter to me, darling. – came the terse reply.

Wei Wuxian knew that it was true; he had had his proof through the many years of marriage. Lately, he often pondered on how many problems he really created in Lan Wangji's life, just by being himself. Anyone, who didn't love him so deeply, would have left a long time ago. Lately, he was also brooding on whether he really deserved such devotion. He bit his lip – no one  deserved such devotion. Lan Wangji was simply very special. And he was his... His.  It was hard to believe sometimes.

He knew Hanguang-Jun wanted silence for his meditation, so he relaxed in the water and rather thought about how to make tonight special for him. He was ready to do anything for him... His eyes roamed the upright back, the scars, the broad shoulders, the strong arms and legs... the man sitting by the fire could easily kill him with just one movement. He remembered the way he was giving himself to him last night, surrendering fully, trusting him with his life. It was truly amazing.

He diverted his gaze with effort, and looked through the window. A second day of rain, but at least the snow was melting. He hoped for some warm weather, and he realized that he was looking forward to their trip to Lotus Pier. 

His thoughts diverted too – and he thought about Jiang Cheng and his newly found happiness. It was high time indeed. Bai Li had said that he had changed. He wondered if his brother would agree.

He got out of the bath as quietly as possible, wondering if he should ask Hanguang-Jun to join him for breakfast, wait for him, or start without him... 

Lately, he really enjoyed feeding him, and he guessed Lan Wangji also craved for a new baby, in his own way. He smiled. That child would be so adored, there was no doubt about it.

He got dressed and returned to the bed to read some more. 

He had decided to wait.