Blue-and-Purple Wedding.[continued] [II]

The next day was serene, and probably the only person nervous still was Jiang Cheng's housekeeper. 

The Masters were keeping to their rooms, surrounded by servants who were helping them prepare, and the guests were gathering in the big hall, surprised by the extravagant decision everybody to be seated together.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were grateful that this time someone else was taking care of everything – Wei Ying definitely did not miss Bai Li's constant nagging; he even had half the mind to get re-married to his husband in secret, in a different town altogether. 

Jin Ling arrived with his son, sulking, as this wedding was extremely unbelievable to him, and till the very last moment he was absolutely sure that it was some sort of a sick joke. His son was immediately swept away from his wife as soon as Wei Ying entered the hall – his manic laughter, as he was holding the baby gently, somewhat prevented people from asking why he looked the way he did,  but could not prevent them from gaping.

Both he and Lan Wangji looked radiant, and some people frowned and criticized them behind their backs, whispering secretly to each other, as this was not the way grieving fathers should be looking at all. Many people mumbled that it was not a proper time for a wedding at all either, as the family was supposed to be in mourning still. 

All in all, people had many questions, but dared not ask openly – both cultivators looked strong and confident, majestic, towering above the crowd, like royalty.

It was a small crowd indeed – family and Clan members and representatives whom Sandu Shengshou valued as allies. Many had rejected the wedding invitations too, as one scandalous wedding was more than enough for this century. But the ones who had come, came because of love and affection, or for gossip.

When Sandu Shengshou and Zewu-Jun entered the hall, smiling and very beautiful in their official attire, everybody gasped. Wei Ying even mumbled: "Yea, that cannot possibly be A-Cheng, huh!".

 Lan Xichen was smiling sweetly, answering any questions diplomatically; and Jiang Cheng was doing his best to smile too, and not  pick up fights with anyone.

The ceremony was short and simple; they had decided to hold it by the banks of the river, as it was a summer wedding, and the decorations consisted mainly of fresh flowers in bloom. Sandu Shengshou said that even that was too much, as he had wanted things to be even simpler, but thankfully, his servants disobeyed, risking his wrath, and knowing that now they had Zewu-Jun to ground those bursts of anger and defend them.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were standing a little to the side, and when the time for the vows came, they turned to face each other, holding hands, and smiling to each other, lost in each other, fully sharing a heart and a mind at that moment, as each knew what the other was feeling and thinking.

- Sandu Shengshou, no one was more surprised than me the day I realized that I loved you. You swept me off my feet, and you didn't even know it. I fell in love with your lack of hypocrisy, or fear, or back-up plans. You live in the moment, boldly, bravely, unaffected by anyone's opinions and rules. Your world is crystal clear water, а transparent tear, full of tenderness and flowers. You captivate me, every day. I will never regret my choice, as choosing you was probably the best decision in my whole life. I vow to protect you, and cherish you forever. I adore you just the way you are. You complete me.

🌸🌸🌸