Second Birthday Mess.

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian entered the Great Hall and after greeting, sat down together without even thinking about it, although there again was a separate seat prepared for each. Jiang Cheng frowned, but said nothing only because his partner was there too. He watched them sit comfortably together, matching, fitting into each other, belonging. They were staring into each other's faces, silent, engulfed into just one single thing – being together at that moment.

Lan Xichen tried to make small talk, quite unsuccessfully. They would only answer in a short sentence, their cheeks were burning, their fingers were interlaced, and they totally forgot about food. At one point there was an awkward silence, and their words were easily audible:

- Aren't you hungry, my love...

- My lovely, please...

- I am drowning in your eyes, beloved... - Wei Ying lifted his hand to caress and cup his husband's face gently.

- Wei Ying...

- I can hear your heart beating... I hear your blood, Lan Zhan... - he reached out and placed his palm on his chest.

- Yours. Always...

- I miss you...

- I miss you too...

- Anything, my love...

- Always, Wei Ying...

- Don't let me go... I need your warmth, beloved...

- I am here, sweetheart...

They moved closer and kissed, unaware, uncaring about anyone and anything else.

Jiang Cheng had gone pale; he wasn't sure how much longer he could endure it all. He looked at Lan Huan and noticed that he was very pale too, but probably for a different reason. He murmured, looking at him briefly:

- Their housekeeper has told me about it... She said that they have days when they wouldn't go out of their bedroom... They cannot do anything else, just be together... I found it hard to believe... I thought she was exaggerating... But now... now...

He fell silent. 

This was the moment Lan Xichen realized that he wanted what his brother had, but most probably would never get it. He bit his lip and stood up to leave, totally forgetting about his brother's birthday; his eyes were filling up with tears again, and he knew his loved one would be angry if he saw that.

As he closed the doors behind him, Jiang Cheng gnashed his teeth and grunted:

- Uh, damn it! Morons!

He ran out of the hall, his eyes hectically searching for Lan Xichen. No, he was gone. He thought for a moment, and then ran to the pier. He found him at one of their favorite spots, a bit away from the House. The solitary figure let the wind play with its hair and robe, impervious to the cold.

- Lan Huan!

Lan Xichen stayed with his back towards him, but tried to brush his tears away hastily. He felt two warm palms on his waist, and then two strong arms hugged him, pulling him into a warm and tight embrace.

- Wanyin... I... - his voice broke and he fell silent. – Forgive me. It was impolite of me to leave.

- I love it when you are impolite, Zewu-Jun. - Jiang Cheng murmured in his neck.

- Oh... - he smiled faintly, reaching back to touch his hair.

- Do you want to go back? – he ventured.

- Maybe in a while. I need some air, Jiang Cheng. – he murmured.

- Do you want me to stay? – he asked directly.

- Yes... Please, stay. – Lan Xichen whispered.

The grip on him tightened and he felt the warmth of the other man against his back; it felt good. Finally, Lan Xichen said:

- Did you hear them last night?

- Of course I did! Everyone heard them! - Jiang Cheng frowned, letting go of him and now taking his hand instead. They faced each other.

- What do you think they feel... - Lan Huan looked away, blushing slightly.

- Exactly the same you and I feel, of course! – he fumed. – Only, they are quite shameless about it! My brother is the worst! – he scoffed.

- I don't know... I am not so sure... - Zewu-Jun said thoughtfully, ignoring his fit. – It really feels like something more. Wanyin, they have been together for more than 20 years now. Do you know of anyone who is so passionate about their partner after 20 years? – he tilted his head, looking at him, expectant.

- Hmmm. - Jiang Cheng frowned again. – I have never thought about it, I guess. Let's go back and ask the idiots. – he grinned finally.

When they went back, they found a couple of servants wondering what to do and giggling in front of the doors of Wei Ying and Hanguang-Jun's room.