The Death of the Yiling Patriarch.🔞

Photo credit: "See", Season 2, ep

Photo credit: "See", Season 2, ep. 7

**

Tonight was one of those nights in Hell  –  Wei Wuxian was burning up.

- Lan Zhan, please... I am begging you, please... Love me, my heart... Please...  -  Wei Wuxian was hugging his shoulders, clinging to him, adamant not to let go of him.

- Wei Ying... You are so sick, darling... Please...  -  Lan Wangji was kissing his forehead, holding him tight, feeling him shiver.

- Please... I don't have time... Please, do it for me... Please...  -  he was mumbling, very flushed, staring in his eyes with eyes too bright from the fever, licking his lips.

- No... No...  -  Lan Zhan almost whimpered, too sad to even think about sex.

- Please. Do it for me. Please. I promise I won't ask for anything else ever again. I promise, Hanguang-Jun.  –  he whispered feverishly.

- My love...  -  Lan Wangji's heart broke, it sounded almost like a goodbye.

He leaned in to kiss the chafed lips slowly, and as Wei Ying was kissing back it felt as if he was fighting to get to something vital, life-saving, like air or water – his kissing was urgent and desperate. 

They made love, and it felt like a fight too – Lan Zhan was trying to be gentle and take it slow, and Wei Wuxian would constantly pull him in, urge him to go deeper, to be rougher. It was a mess of pushing and pulling, changing positions, exchanging instructions and words of comfort, as if they didn't know what to do with their bodies, as if they made love for the very first time and had no idea how it all worked.

It was very frustrating for Lan Wangji and he wanted to stop; but as soon as he came, Wei Ying would get on top of him and get him hard again, and they would go for another round, and then another, and then another, and another . Lan Zhan was biting his lips, but would indulge his lover, knowing how deeply he needed all this – he made this sacrifice for him, although it was breaking his heart. 

They went on for hours until both of them were so exhausted that could barely move any more. Wei Ying cuddled into him, all sweat-drenched, his hair sticking to his back and over his forehead, his eyes too bright still  – his fever never diminished.

He was burning up.  

- How are you, my love?  -  Hanguang-Jun asked breathlessly.

- He still wants me... He still does...  -  Wei Wuxian said happily, sighing satisfied.  –  He still loves me, still wants me...  -  he murmured, hugging Lan Wangji too tight.

Lan Zhan bit his lip again – he was on the verge of getting up and waking Bai Li up to ask her for a bath full of icy water from the well so that they try to lower Wei Ying's fever, but he went on:

- He is the only light left... he doesn't understand that I can't live without him, that I am lost without him... I have so little time left... But he will be alright. He will be fine. I have to keep him safe... Him, and our baby. Our precious baby... His son...

He was flushed, happily smiling, hiding his face in Hanguang-Jun's neck. 

Lan Wangji listened to this babble, and did not know what those words meant, but he decided to try to talk to him, even though he was half asleep now.

- What do you mean, darling? Why is there little time left?

- A-Yuan, will be alright...yes... A-Cheng will be fine... - he mumbled. – And Zewu-Jun will be fine... And Miao Lu will be fine... And A-Ning will take care of him... And I can rest. I can finally rest.

Lan Zhan propped himself in the bed and leaned over him, asking again, worried:

- Why is there little time left, Wei Ying?

- Let me sleep... I want to sleep and dream of him...  -  he grumbled, turning his back to him.

Lan Zhan shook him, trying to get his answer, desperate.

- Tell me!  You can sleep all you want, but tell me first!

Wei Wuxian rolled on his back and blinked a little, fighting with the fatigue. 

He said slowly:

- I am as good as dead. My core is darkening, spent. But don't tell Lan Zhan... He will be so worried... My loved one...   -  he mumbled, discontent, and fell asleep with an arm outstretched, seeking for his husband's body heat next to him in the bed.