Offset.

Wei Wuxian spent the early hours of the morning fast asleep. The carriage was lulling him comfortably, and he fell mindlessly asleep. Bai Li had outdone herself, making sure the interior of the carriage was comfortable for him to travel in.

- She is taking all this "bride"  thing too seriously. – he mumbled. But then he remembered how stressed Lan Wangji had been in the last couple of days, and he added, grinning:

- But I bet Hanguang-Jun is too happy about it!

He smiled happily. He was going home.

**

The carriage was big enough for four people, and was now strewn with blankets and furs, and so many cushions that one would think a pregnant woman was to travel inside for a fact. He sank into the warmth lazily, wondering why his Lan Zhan was not here with him. But no – he was riding on the left, and Wen Ning was riding his huge stud on the right. The servant who was driving the carriage had been warned to drive his Master carefully if he ever wanted to see his fingers again.

Early in the afternoon the sun came out of the dense clouds and they decided to take a short break, mostly because of the horses. Lan Wangji hesitated before opening one of the doors very carefully – Wei Ying had been too quiet for too many hours; he wondered whether he might be sick. The sight he discovered almost brought tears to his eyes: Wei Wuxian was curling in a neat ball among the furs, his lips were parted and he was breathing calmly, and his face had a pale pink glow – he looked absolutely healthy.

He could not beat the impulse, and leaned in to kiss his lips, knowing that – no matter how gently he did it – he would wake him up. Wei Ying opened his eyes, amazed and confused at first, but then, realizing what was happening, he let out a little moan and wrapped his arms around Lan Wangji's waist, pulling him in. Hanguang-Jun fell on top of him, never stopping, never letting go of his lips, only now they were holding each other very tight, kissing thirstily.

- Wei Ying... Wei Ying... - he tried to break away. – Sweetheart, my clothes... Wei Ying, my clothes are wet...  -  he murmured, smiling.

- Mmmmm... 
-  Wei Wuxian reached out with his foot and managed to close the door of the carriage. – Let's take them off then...  -  he purred.

Lan Wangji laughed, too happy to see him looking like his old self, and when Wen Ning came back from his scouting round of the area, he saw the carriage rocking and creaking, and he knew that lunch break would take a little longer.

**

They spent the night in an inn that was over halfway to their destination, just as predicted. The room was simple, but there was a good fire, and Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian ignored the fact that the bed was quite uncomfortable, and had some good rest. 

Hanguang-Jun couldn't help but notice how much better his husband felt; it was also reflected in the way he slept, he was calmer, more relaxed, and no longer clinging to him so much, no longer feeling so cold all the time. So much so, that on the morning of the next day they rode together, entering now into the territory of the Yunmeng Jiang Clan. Patrols at the outposts along the path were greeting them, pleased to see their Master return home, and Wei Wuxian would shout back greetings, making constant jokes. Lan Wangji was casting secret glances at him, and his heart was swelling with love and joy.

They arrived at Lotus Pier in the evening of the second day, surrounded by a cheering crowd, as the news travelled fast. The carriage finally made its way through – Wei Ying took his time to enjoy the attention and to blow kisses all around generously, making all the young girls blush – both him and his husband were a vision out of a fairy-tale.

- So the circus is back in town.  -  Jiang Cheng huffed, watching them dismount and approach. He felt Lan Xichen's warm palm on his back and blushed a little.

- Sandu Shengshou. Zewu-Jun. – both Wei Ying and Lan Wangji bowed, paying their respects. – Thank you for the warm welcome.

- Wangji. – Lan Huan opened his arms and his brother approached, too happy to hug him.

- Welcome home, Wei Wuxian. - Jiang Cheng mumbled, measuring him up and down with a glare.

- Brother. – Wei Ying smiled and bowed again, not daring to go hug him, although he really wanted to.

- What now? No hug for me, huh?  -  Jiang Cheng snapped.

Wei Ying almost ran and took him in his arms, whispering:

- A-Cheng.. It is so good to be back home... I have missed you so!

The hug lasted a little more than Jiang Cheng was comfortable with, and he pulled away, staring at his brother's face with a slight surprise.

- Stop it. We saw each other not three months ago. It's not too long ago. – he scoffed.

- It's been... hard three months. – Lan Wangji said, watching them carefully.

- Right, right. I remember your letter. – Lan Xichen replied, smiling. – But please, let's head in, I am sure you are tired. We can talk about it later.

Wei Wuxian was surprised by this initiative – usually, Jiang Cheng was very possessive of his status of Clan Leader, but now he totally ignored the fact the Lan Xichen took this function away from him, acting as their host. He took Lan Wangji's hand and followed them inside, ready to be surprised by more things in the upcoming days.

The servants had taken care that the Guest Hall was warm, as per their Master's orders, but now everyone found out that it was too warm, as Wei Wuxian didn't need such temperatures any more. He grinned:

- I am not sure which one of you  lovebirds  did this for me, but – thank you!

Zewu-Jun blushed, sitting very close to a very frowning Jiang Cheng. His hand slid to rest on his knee. He smiled and answered:

- Wei Qianbei, Wangji's letter got us very worried. So, we had to make sure you are comfortable, naturally.

- Darling, behave. - Hanguang-Jun murmured.

- Mhm. - Jiang Cheng scoffed, sipping on his wine.

- Hey! So now that I am no longer sick, you two are going to unite against me, aren't you? – he pouted, glaring at his brother, and then – at his husband.

- Wei Qianbei, please. Let's enjoy tonight. It is my baby brother's birthday tomorrow after all. – Lan Xichen laughed.

Wei Wuxian's face instantly turned and he said with great tenderness:

- So true. My love...

His hand reached out and caressed Lan Zhan's face, and his heart sank when the honey eyes looked back at him with love, and his husband took that same hand and brought it to his lips to kiss.

- Wei Ying...

Jiang Cheng bit his lip, as he felt the grip on his knee tighten – Lan Huan squeezed gently. He turned to face him, flushed, but Lan Huan said nothing.

- So, Wei Wuxian... - Jiang Wanyin cleared his throat. – What of the Ghost General? I thought he would be travelling with you? – he was eager to change the topic, feeling still uncomfortable with all this public display of affection between his brother and his brother-in-law.

Wei Ying puffed and finally could not bear it – he took off his robe, it was too hot for him now, especially after Hanguang-Jun's kiss; after some short hesitation, Lan Wangji followed his example to the amazement of his brother. They stayed in their normal clothes, eating and smiling at each other. Wei Ying replied while undressing:

- Ah, yes. Yes. A-Ning travelled here with us, but he preferred to stay in town, he knows you... uhhhh, don't really approve of him, A-Cheng. – he grinned. – he promised to join us tomorrow evening, for Hanguang-Jun's birthday dinner, so that we can discuss business, so then he can go back to Miao Lu.

Lan Wangji frowned shortly, but Wei Ying took a cup of wine and, kicking the low stool away, now lay down on the mat, placing his head in his lap. He gasped, but smiled happily.

- I see. - Sandu Shengshou was blushing furiously, watching them feel at home, as if there was no one else in the room, but then he remembered that Wei Wuxian really was home, so he did not comment. His eye caught Lan Xichen's expression and he saw that he was very flushed, lowering his eyes.

He knew. He knew that Zewu-Jun really wanted them to be alone in that moment. He leaned in and whispered in his ear:

- Are you alright, darling?

- Wanyin... -  Lan Xichen breathed, looking at him with bright eyes. Jiang Cheng felt dizzy – he was even more beautiful when he was blushing.

There was a brief silence while they were lost in each other, yet there came a discreet cough, and Wei Wuxian mumbled:

- Lan Zhan, I think we need to go.

Lan Huan mustered the courage to kiss his beloved's cheek shyly and then turned to the guests, smiling:

- No, please. Don't say that, Wei Qianbei, I know for sure that your brother has missed you a lot too.

- Right. – Wei Ying was grinning.

- Dearest, please, behave. – Lan Wangji murmured gently, uninterested in anything else but feeding his husband bits of food from time to time, which he chewed on distractedly.

- Right! – he grinned more. – Soooo! Tell us all! I have been dying to hear your story, you two! – he pointed a finger rather towards Jiang Wanyin, who was just about to explode any second now.

- WEI WUXIAN!!! – he yelled, but felt Lan Xichen's hand move up and squeeze his thigh now. He growled and took another sip of his wine, settling down.

- I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, Master Wei. - Zewu-Jun tilted his head to the side, pursing his lips.

Lan Wangji looked up, raising an eyebrow, but said nothing. He put some food in Wei Ying's mouth, preventing him from asking a cheeky question, as he was sure was going to be the case.

- Hanguang-Jun– he protested. - Zewu-Jun, your brother wants me to get fat! – he turned to complain, knowing he now had an ally in any conflict with his husband, just like Lan Zhan would naturally join up with his brother to attack him.

Lan Wangji blushed.

- Hanguang-Jun, I will never know how you put up with such childishness... - Jiang Cheng sighed, too happy that the topic was diverted.

- I am blessed with a happy marriage, Sandu Shengshou. – he bowed his head towards him deadly serious. – I can only hope that my brother finds the same happiness one day. Nothing is more important than family.