Checkpoint.🔞

In the evening, the group reunited at the rendezvous point – the servants were carrying the game. 

The two couples got together in very different ways.

- Lan Zhan!!! – Wei Ying could not wait; the moment he caught a glimpse of his husband, he jumped off his horse and ran, mounting Lan Wangji's horse impatiently, sitting in front of him hastily, crashing him to his body. They immediately kissed passionately, breathless, impatient, excited to be together again.

- I've missed you... So much... So much... My heart... It was awful... Lan Zhan...  -  Wei Ying was almost sobbing, hiding his face in the Gusu robe.

- Wei Ying... Sweetheart... - Lan Wangji said gently, holding him very close, kissing the top of his head.

- Take me home... I want to go home... - Wei Wuxian murmured, cuddling as close as he could get. – I want to be with you... Just you... I missed you so much...

- Yes. – he took the reins, letting himself be hugged and caressed all the time, and they rode back home together.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen were both very flushed when they approached each other, not getting off their horses, but getting close enough to kiss and murmur soft, quiet words to each other.

- Wanyin... Kitten...  -  Lan Huan whispered breathlessly, after they broke their kiss.

- Zewu-Jun... I...Ohh...  - Jiang Cheng was too light-headed to feel his loved one's breath on his skin again, tilting his head to the side again so that Lan Xichen could have access to his neck to kiss, knowing quite well by now how much he loved doing that.

Lan Xichen let out a deep sigh, taking his waist gently and placing warm, soft lips on the precious skin, still seeing his headband tied around that lovely neck in his mind's eye. He suspected Jiang Cheng would very soon want to ride back to Lotus Pier - they yearned to be together in a fuller, better way.

**

At home, Bai Li got instructions to start with the meat straight away.

- Annoying young woman, I want this meat roasted by breakfast time, and then you can take the day off tomorrow! – Wei Ying grinned, earning a surprised and slightly disapproving look from his husband. – Tell Miao Lu to be ready to spend the day with me, I miss my son.

- Our son, darling.  -  Lan Wangji mumbled.

She bowed, casting a quick look towards Hanguang-Jun for any further errands, but he was silent, sulking. Lan Zhan knew quite well what would follow after a day of spending time with "my son".

- Should I prepare the bath, Masters?

- Yes, please, Bai Li. We will skip dinner tonight, it is late. But ask my Brother if they would need anything. – Lan Wangji grumbled. – Is the Hanshi  warm enough?

- Very good, Master. Yes, I believe so. The Masters don't seem to need anything...but each other. – she smiled.

- Ha!  –  Wei Ying huffed, but winked at her.

- Hmmmm. A-Yuan will be setting off soon. Please, make sure you set some of the meat apart for him, for the journey to the Capital. – Lan Wangji said thoughtfully. – He looks quite thin to me. Doesn't he, darling? – he turned towards Wei Wuxian who was taking off layers and layers of clothes now, as the room was quite warm.

- Hmmm. – he frowned. – He seems worried. More than the usual amount. But yes, prepare some strong food for the road, Bai Li. The hunt today was quite successful. Mostly thanks to Hanguang-Jun here! – he grinned.

She bowed and left.

Wei Wuxian was sitting close to the fire, in just his undergarments, watching his husband disrobe. He really missed him terribly. All day long he felt fine, away from the House, but spending time with Zewu-Jun was boring  –  he had the habit of mostly falling silent and thoughtful in the middle of a conversation, and now, with the engagement, Wei Ying would observe him, smiling to himself and blushing, sometimes blushing deeply

He couldn't quite understand how this man would ever fall for his brother, but it was happening and it was quite real. But... yes. He understood now. The two of them were quite different, but wasn't this the case with him and his loved one too?