Maiden.

Wei Wuxian spent the last couple of days in a state of constant anxiety. Bai Li was often absent from home, doing her research in secret, and also running some very real errands. He asked her multiple times whether he should accompany her, but she turned him down, saying that if people saw him with her – none of them would speak the truth. He pouted, but admitted she was right. Just seeing his clothes was enough for everyone to rush and try to take his money, selling such absurd things as his own spells and charms back to him.

**
Today was a rainy day, and he was sitting in the Library Room, researching new tunes for Chen Qing; Lan Zhan was still sulking – he wasn't too happy that Bai Li knew all about it; so now he thought that at least he could use the time and practice in peace.

There was some commotion outside the door and he was surprised to see Bai Li, dripping wet and bowing low, who now blurted out:

- Wei Qianbei, she is in the Guest Room.

Wei Wuxian was confused at first, but then his mind snapped quickly and he smiled.

- Nice. Go change into dry clothes. Bring some clothes for her too. And let the girls in the kitchen bring tea and candy to the Guest Room. Hurry!

- Yes, Master. – she bowed and rushed to do it all.

**

Wei Ying barged into his husband's study and directly jumped on him, kissing him. Lan Zhan dropped the book he was reading and held Wei Ying into his arms, kissing back.

- You are a child, Wei Ying... - he mumbled, but added:

- I missed you, my heart. – he murmured, smiling. – Did you need something?

- Ah, Lan Zhan!!! Why would you think that I will be kissing you only if I needed something??!? – he pouted.

Lan Wangji looked carefully and saw how flushed he is. He was absolutely sure that Wei Ying will beg something of him any second now. He raised an eyebrow silently.

- Alright, alright! I really need you  to come with me to the Guest Room. She is here! – he said happily.

Lan Zhan gasped. It was one thing to discuss plans about doing it, and another– actually going with the plans and doing it. His heart sank a little. He was still very unsure about sharing Wei Ying with anyone... but something had to change. They were really stuck in a routine, and he knew how much his husband craved for a new child in their lives.

Wei Ying saw the hesitation in his eyes. He knew exactly what kind of thoughts were running through that beautiful head of his. He pressed himself closer and wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan's shoulders, giving him an array of small quick kisses.

- You worry, I can feel it. Don't you trust Bai Li? – he asked, trying to calm his mind.

- I do. Of course. But still... Now that it's real, I am not sure how I feel about it, Wei Ying...

- Come along. – Wei Ying took his hand and tried to drag him out of the room. –We talked about it. Unless we both agree, we won't do it. It is as simple as that, husband!