Evening.

Wei Ying craved to spend time all alone with his husband, just lying in bed and doing nothing, but as soon as Hanguang-Jun brought him back inside (despite his protests that "I can walk on my own, thank you very much, Lan Zhan!! Put me down!!", Lan Wangji insisted on carrying him in his arms; in the end, Wei Ying gave up with a loud moan), he started getting dressed, determined to ride to the Lake House as soon as possible. Wei Ying wailed:

- But I want you to stay! I need you to stay!!! Lan Zhan... Don't you want to be with me any more?  –  he pouted.

Lan Wangji was ignoring him quite successfully, getting warmly dressed as the snow was falling heavily now. When he was ready, he came to sit on the edge of the bed and leaned in to kiss his childish lover. He murmured gently:

- It must be done. I will miss you too, my heart. But it is a two-hour ride, and I will be back before midnight, I promise. You must rest, Wei Ying. There are very few supplies in the summer house, and now, with the weather turning, I worry. A-Yuan should have set off three days ago – I don't need to remind you of this, right?

- I don't care!  –  Wei Ying said, discontent. Today had been so great, and now he was going away. It was torture. – Why can't you understand that I don't care about anything and anyone but you, moron?!? – he snapped at Lan Zhan.

- Now, this simply is not true, my love. – he kissed his nose now, and hurried out, not paying attention to his sulking husband's tantrum.

However, very shortly after, Wei Wuxian overheard some unmistakable noises from the yard – it had been so calm and quiet all day long, and Hanguang-Jun was always moving absolutely noiselessly, that it now attracted his attention immediately – it was the sound of horses and riders. Slightly worried, he donned on a robe and rushed out of the room, approaching as he could not see clearly because of the heavy snow: Lan Wangji was hugging their son, and in the next moment he heard another familiar voice:

- Forgive me, Master. I remember your instructions well, but we were too worried. Moreover, the weather turned overnight – we could not stay longer, the summer house does not have fireplaces, and everybody was getting quite cold. – Bai Li was bowing low, not daring look up lest her Master punish her.

- It is alright. It is better so, Bai Li, you did well. You two stay here and take care of Wei Qianbei. I will ride to collect everybody.

- Nooo!!! Lan Zhan, stay!!!  –  Wei Ying wailed, almost whimpering, overhearing the whole conversation.

- Papa!!! - Lan Sizhui exclaimed. He rushed to hug his father. – How are you, Papa?? I was so scared! We all were! – he was holding him tight, and Wei Ying smiled and patted him on the head, saying gently:

- A-Yuan, I am fine, but I need your dad  to stay, and I will be alright. Please, tell him not to go out  in this horrid weather!!! Husband!!!  –  he shouted over Lan Sizhui's shoulder.

- Yes! Indeed, Hanguang-Jun, I will go! I was just about to say the same thing – please, you must not go out in such a weather... I know you both must be exhausted after all the ordeals lately... It is not so very far – I can ride there and back tonight! – the young man said excitedly.

Lan Wangji was frowning. He was worried both for his husband, and for his son. It was an impossible decision.

- Master.  - Bai Li interjected quickly too  – Me and the Young Master rode here with two servants – they are waiting by the well on the other side of the hill – they can take the message to the Lake House. But I don't think it's a good idea for anyone  to travel in such a weather. – she frowned. – Perhaps it would be safer for people to set off tomorrow morning? Think of Miao Lu, Master. Please.

Lan Zhan bit his lip. She was right. 

His brain was calculating options, and he hesitated, but after seeing how pale Wei Wuxian was still, and knowing that this House needed warming up too – he agreed.

- Very good. Sizhui, you will ride to tell the messengers to go back, and return with everyone tomorrow morning, but then I need you to ride right back here and get warm food and dry yourself up. Now help Bai Li pack some warm clothes to bring back, people must be freezing. I will come with you. – he cast a warning look at Wei Ying who was just about to open his mouth to protest. – No, my love. I will be back very soon. I promise.

Lan Sizhui nodded.