The Bath. [TW]

Lan Wangji was up before the first rays of the sun. 

He had honestly thought that tonight of all nights he would be exhausted, but the adrenaline and frenetic energy from a few hours ago was still rushing through his veins. Wei Wuxian was sleeping deeply, clinging to him as if for dear life. He smiled and wondered how to get out of bed without disturbing his sleep – he really wanted him to get enough good rest. It turned out that Wei Ying was so tired that he was sleeping like a log. 

So, Lan Zhan got up, and went to the kitchen to give some orders, knowing that Bai Li would be there before him.

- Good morning, Master! Is everything alright? – she greeted him and bowed.

- Good morning, Bai Li. A few tasks for you before your Master is up. – he said coldly, totally ignoring her question.

- Of course. Any special requests for the breakfast? What should we serve the Mistress? - she asked, ready to take mental notes of anything her Master would say.

- No special requests. Wei Qianbei will soon discuss your Mistress's diet with you. We are not sure what kind of cravings she would be having, but I am suspecting meat and hot spicy dishes.

Bai Li raised an eyebrow, but did not comment. She knew quite well whose taste this corresponded to. Lan Wangji continued:

- I need you to organize two servant girls to warm up water for a bath for your Master Wei, and then later – one for me too. I might go for a swim, but I want the fire in the master bedroom to be lit at all times without fail. Make sure of it. Personally.

She nodded.

- Please, serve all meals today in our room, and all Miao Lu's meals in her room, respectively. No need for the big hall to be warmed up. Your Master Wei needs to be warm today, he is feeling a bit under the weather and needs rest. The Mistress will be taking her meals in her room, but if there is any kind of problem – let me know. Prepare something nutritious for her... I don't know... Strong food. Check up with her if she needs more firewood, it is quite cold today.

Bai Li bowed and nodded again, but secretly smirked on the inside. She understood too well.

- Next, I am going to write a letter today, and I need a strong healthy man to ride to Lotus Pier today and deliver it to my brother. It needs to be done as soon as possible, so find someone appropriate to ride through the night too.

She frowned a little, but nodded.

- It shall be done by tomorrow, Master. Anything else?

- Prepare fresh linen for all habitable rooms. Also, fresh change of clothes for us. Warm clothes for your Master too. – he hummed. – Also, Bai Li... - he looked straight in her face.

- Yes, Master. – she knew something important was coming up.

- I want you to watch Miao Lu even more closely now. She might need a maid soon, to help her with everyday stuff. Find a girl you trust completely. Someone needs to watch her day and night.

His face was serious and dark. Bai Li shivered slightly, obviously, there came more trouble for her Masters and she hated it.

- I understand. – she bowed low. – It shall be done, Master. You can rely on me. Any errands for me? I will be going to the village for supplies this week, so if you or Master need anything – let me know.

- I don't. But check with Wei Ying too, yes? – he was just about to leave, but turned to her again. – Buy some fish, and any fresh vegetables and fruit you can bargain for. Money is not an issue - see me about it.

She bowed low again.

- Please, Bai Li, I need all of this to be discreet. Your Master must not know. – he looked at her sternly.

- I understand. Fully. – she bowed again.

- Prepare the bath and fresh tea when he wakes up. He will be cold... - Some rare tenderness came as a wave all over her Master's face and Bai Li involuntarily thought to herself that he looked a lot better and more beautiful that way. It was all gone all too soon, and he said distantly:

- I am going for a swim and some meditation. Let him sleep in.

**

Wei Wuxian woke up to find an empty bed and also that his whole body ached. He sighed. It wouldn't have been an issue if he was 20, but now things were different. This body protested quite loudly – the physical exhaustion and the lack of sleep were things he had to take into consideration now.